This discussion is closed.
kissmequick
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Just wondering, does anyone ever feel like just jacking it in? You know do you ever just think I really can't be arsed I'm not bothered about learning I don't want any of it, maybe I don't want the two kids nice car and a big house. Maybe I don't want stabilty maybe I just wanna live my life step by step as it comes I don't want anthing special from life and all those around you are pressuring you saying you have the potential to be anything but study, work study etc etc and you just feel like saying get lost it's my life and I don't want any of what you want???

Jut curious if you ever feel that way ppl, I realise it's kind of a incongruous thread to be posting on such a forum but do you ever just get sick of it all. Having no fun no freedom because of education, education you may not want????
Apollo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kissmequick)
Just wondering, does anyone ever feel like just jacking it in? You know do you ever just think I really can't be arsed I'm not bothered about learning I don't want any of it, maybe I don't want the two kids nice car and a big house. Maybe I don't want stabilty maybe I just wanna live my life step by step as it comes I don't want anthing special from life and all those around you are pressuring you saying you have the potential to be anything but study, work study etc etc and you just feel like saying get lost it's my life and I don't want any of what you want???

Jut curious if you ever feel that way ppl, I realise it's kind of a incongruous thread to be posting on such a forum but do you ever just get sick of it all. Having no fun no freedom because of education, education you may not want????
yes, u absolutly despise,louth (sp?) and hate school. I hate getting up every morning to go somewhere i hate :mad:
kissmequick
Rep:
?
(Original post by PadFoot90)
yes, u absolutly despise,louth (sp?) and hate school. I hate getting up every morning to go somewhere i hate :mad:
loathe (me thinks) yeah but what do you do, I mean yeah I have the potential be be a lawer or a surgeon but what if I don't wan't it and no-ones listening I'm forced into education by those around me
Apollo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
loathe (me thinks) yeah but what do you do, I mean yeah I have the potential be be a lawer or a surgeon but what if I don't wan't it and no-ones listening I'm forced into education by those around me
oo yes i am not so good at that whole "spelling" thing Yes, i think we should have a choice on whether we should go to school, its my life, i'll choose :mad:
kissmequick
Rep:
?
(Original post by PadFoot90)
oo yes i am not so good at that whole "spelling" thing Yes, i think we should have a choice on whether we should go to school, its my life, i'll choose :mad:
I know I mean for some reason I don't want the high life mean if someone offered it me on a silver platter I wouldn't say no but peronsally I don't think it's worth working for but parents say do what we say or get out of our house and I'm not old enough to get my own place yet so it kinda sux I didn't even get to pick my school then when I was there I didn't even get to pick my gcse's it seems everything my parents screwed up in their lives they're correcting in mine but they've overlooked that fact that I'm not them and I don't want the same things
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Maybe you need a year out at some point.
My education was kind of weird basically when I was 11 I got stuck in the class of a teacher who absolutely hated me, (that was the last year before we were streamed into ability classes) anyway we always had end of year exams and despite the fact that I came pretty much top in them every year he ensured that I was put in the bottom group with all the idiots. Despite my parents going into school on a regular basis and arguing with my teachers about it i was in the bottom groups well into high school, where eventually they looked at my results and went WTF and put me up 5 groups into the top group. I ended up taking higher tier GCSE exams (except for maths) but i hadnt covered most of the work, for instance maths you could do foundation, intermediate or higher for GCSE. Until year 11 I had been doing the work for foundation and it was so mindnumbingly easy that they realised that I should be put in to a higher group so they tried to prepare me for the higher tier but decided even though I would rather do the higher that they couldnt teach it me in the time so I got stuck taking intermediate so I could only get a B. I ended up getting 90%+ in the exam so I was really pissed that I couldnt get an A.

Anyway the pressure on me during that GCSE year to prove that I did have a brain and could get good results was pretty immense because apart from in physics I had tons of work to catch up on to get me up to standard and was under so much stress especially parental pressure that I really did feel like chucking it in. It wasnt only the academic pressure it was social too, quite a lot of the kids in my class had been in the same groups together for several years and were quite hostile towards me. I dreaded going in every day and used to try to stay home sick but my mum wouldnt let me. Because my birthday is early on in the year I could have left before exams and just gone back to take the exams and for a while I honestly considered it but then I realised that the end result of having better prospects was worth it. So I got good GCSE results and then parental expectation dictated that I did A Levels and went to uni. I'm glad I did follow that path but I never stopped to think about what I wanted and I wish that I had done. I think if you have any doubts get school out of the way and then take a gap year to assess what you want out of university. Its worth getting school out of the way because it really is better to do school whilst you are young because a lot of local colleges dont have the worlds highest teaching standards but plenty of people go late to university. I havent travelled and I regret that so my advice is have a years break and get some life experience and then you will be better equipt to decide what you want.
Darkness
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

Yup.
MuniE
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
ya i feel like that everday, if i dont get accepted into university soon i am going to go insane...... If i didn't know how to bs stuff i would fail everything
MuniE
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
except for the money part, i like money
kissmequick
Rep:
?
(Original post by viviki)
Maybe you need a year out at some point.
My education was kind of weird basically when I was 11 I got stuck in the class of a teacher who absolutely hated me, (that was the last year before we were streamed into ability classes) anyway we always had end of year exams and despite the fact that I came pretty much top in them every year he ensured that I was put in the bottom group with all the idiots. Despite my parents going into school on a regular basis and arguing with my teachers about it i was in the bottom groups well into high school, where eventually they looked at my results and went WTF and put me up 5 groups into the top group. I ended up taking higher tier GCSE exams (except for maths) but i hadnt covered most of the work, for instance maths you could do foundation, intermediate or higher for GCSE. Until year 11 I had been doing the work for foundation and it was so mindnumbingly easy that they realised that I should be put in to a higher group so they tried to prepare me for the higher tier but decided even though I would rather do the higher that they couldnt teach it me in the time so I got stuck taking intermediate so I could only get a B. I ended up getting 90%+ in the exam so I was really pissed that I couldnt get an A.
Anyway the pressure on me during that GCSE year to prove that I did have a brain and could get good results was pretty immense because apart from in physics I had tons of work to catch up on to get me up to standard and was under so much stress especially parental pressure that I really did feel like chucking it in. It wasnt only the academic pressure it was social too, quite a lot of the kids in my class had been in the same groups together for several years and were quite hostile towards me. I dreaded going in every day and used to try to stay home sick but my mum wouldnt let me. Because my birthday is early on in the year I could have left before exams and just gone back to take the exams and for a while I honestly considered it but then I realised that the end result of having better prospects was worth it. So I got good GCSE results and then parental expectation dictated that I did A Levels and went to uni. I'm glad I did follow that path but I never stopped to think about what I wanted and I wish that I had done. I think if you have any doubts get school out of the way and then take a gap year to assess what you want out of university. Its worth getting school out of the way because it really is better to do school whilst you are young because a lot of local colleges dont have the worlds highest teaching standards but plenty of people go late to university. I havent travelled and I regret that so my advice is have a years break and get some life experience and then you will be better equipt to decide what you want.
But won't it be weird going to college with ppl a year younger than you, you'll loose mates and be with ppl younger than you and they kinda make a big deal about that in schools
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
People do take time out after GCSEs and go to sixth form college late. I know a few people who've done that and had no trouble making friends. As for uni tons of people have had time out. In my first year at uni (I went straight from school) half my flat had gap years before uni and started at 19/20+ it really doesnt make any difference to making friends I have uni friends from all ages. A lot of my friends have had jobs or been travelling in the past or had time out before A Levels and so started uni late. It really isnt a big deal. I'd try and get school over and done with first but after that if you still dont feel like you know what you want to do then a year out might help. When I left uni I was that fed up with work that I swore I would never write another essay again but after a year out I missed it that much that I'm back doing a postgrad.
kissmequick
Rep:
?
(Original post by viviki)
People do take time out after GCSEs and go to sixth form college late. I know a few people who've done that and had no trouble making friends. As for uni tons of people have had time out. In my first year at uni (I went straight from school) half my flat had gap years before uni and started at 19/20+ it really doesnt make any difference to making friends I have uni friends from all ages. A lot of my friends have had jobs or been travelling in the past or had time out before A Levels and so started uni late. It really isnt a big deal. I'd try and get school over and done with first but after that if you still dont feel like you know what you want to do then a year out might help. When I left uni I was that fed up with work that I swore I would never write another essay again but after a year out I missed it that much that I'm back doing a postgrad.
thanks for the help I'm shattered and have to leave for school in 45 mins I've been up all night doing cw anyway good luck with the postgrad talk to ya soon hopefull bubbye xx and have a gd day everyone
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (269)
34.01%
No (522)
65.99%

Watched Threads