Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok so i've been playing guitar now for 4 years ans I wanna do grades, i can't find anything about doing them on the internet, anyway got any ideas? I'm from birmingham by the way so information on doing them here would be nice. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Well I think you'd need to find an examining board first, e.g. trinity. Then contact them and I think they'll give you contact numbers for examinations centres where you can sit your grades.

ReputationRep:
    The Registry of Guitar Tutors are a good place to start: http://www.registryofguitartutors.com/

You can find tutors, local exam centres, everything you need should be on there.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Do you have a teacher? Trinity Guildhall do fairly decent guitar exms *I think*...don't quote me! So get a copy of their syllabus (it's changed), online I think, if you can work out their site....

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, ill check it out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sexysax)
    Do you have a teacher? Trinity Guildhall do fairly decent guitar exms *I think*...don't quote me! So get a copy of their syllabus (it's changed), online I think, if you can work out their site....
    Nah, RGT over Trinity IMO.

ReputationRep:
    ABRSM

ReputationRep:
    Admittedly this is dependant on what you are playing, Associated Board and Trinity only do classical exams.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.