The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
i got 8 hours sleep last night and steel feel realllllly tired :frown: (onli got up as im off to the paul o grady show haha)....... but normaly i get about 9/10 hours sleep which is ok
Reply 21
juicylgd
i only get like3 hours sleep or something.. its been like that since dec.
and even nytol dont work, any suggestions?
x

Excersize.
lolly pop
i got 8 hours sleep last night and steel feel realllllly tired :frown: (onli got up as im off to the paul o grady show haha)....... but normaly i get about 9/10 hours sleep which is ok

Paul O grady show, rly???
Big Fat Mel
Napoleon slept for 4 hours a day, and look at what he achieved. The basic rule of thumb is: (the more sleep you have the less stuff you can do)/(Level of tiredness)
Hope that little formula helps you decide your optimum sleep allowance. :smile:

Actually BFM, the correct formula is more to the tune of:

(hours of sleep) x (number of people slept with)

(Number of beds slept in)
=amount of useful activities done in one day
Makky_Legend
Actually BFM, the correct formula is more to the tune of:

(hours of sleep) x (number of people slept with)

(Number of beds slept in)
=amount of useful activities done in one day

That, unfortunately, is wrong. As explained by Prof. McKay in his recent lecture on Sexuality and Sleep patterns. You have clearly failed to take sexual orientation and food previously eaten into account.
Big Fat Mel
That, unfortunately, is wrong. As explained by Prof. McKay in his recent lecture on Sexuality and Sleep patterns. You have clearly failed to take sexual orientation and food previously eaten into account.

I think you will find that Prof. Mckay was revealed to be nothing more than a fraud, goodness, anyone would think you take April-Fools lectures seriously...
It's the thought that counts, not the validity of the qualifications. So what if McKay was revealed to be a tramp? His musings on sleep patterns have become canon - as well you know.
Reply 27
There was a program a while back which gave the UK average for sleeping. It might be a guideline to if your getting too little.

I seem to remember it being 7 hours and 10 mins. Im not certain on this but that is what i think it is.

I personally get 7 1/2 - 8 hours sleep during the week and about 9 during weekends.
If MAkky_Legend and Big Fat Mel arent prepared to take these posts as seriously as they deserve (talking about necrophilia and beastiality) then they shouldnt post at all! When did these forums become a place of ridicule and contempt?

If you dont have anything seensible to say dont say it at all!

PS I sleep about 6 hours a night
Reply 29
I'm really bad at sleeping. I don't go into a deep enough sleep or something (had some tests done when i was younger to work out why i was always so tired!) so for me 12 hours of my sleep is equivalent to 8(ish) hours of someone normal. So i try and sleep between 9 and 12 hours a night, which is really hard at uni! It usually ends up being 10 though which means that after a while i get pretty run down and end up having naps in the afternoon.

Some of my friends can get in at 4am and be up and functioning to go to lectures at 8. I'm very jealous of them! I can only do that if i've got one lec and can then come home and sleep for the rest of the day.

Ah well nm.
Reply 30
Timeslikethese

That would send me to sleep.

This thread reminds me on a big brother type programme where they were only allowed a couple hours sleep per day. Should've made it really hard for them and forced them to watch the prog!
Reply 31
I suppose it also depends on how 'good' your sleep is.If I sleep for 13 hours I usually feel horrible afterwards,either because i keep waking up or just because it was not really 'good' sleep.
I think anything over 10 hours is a bit excessive. If I sleep too long then I'll usually wake up feeling sick. 6-8 hours is what I get a night.
Reply 33
4-6 hours is what i usually get. on weekends, and after exams, this will rapidly increase to 10-13 hours :biggrin:
Reply 34
6-8 hours is what I'd class as "adequate"...but I rarely get that myself. During the academic year I was averaging just 3, sleeping from 7am-10am most mornings.
Thank God for the holidays, though - I'm now sleeping longer, from around 3am-10am (which is 'adequate' by my standards)
Reply 35
Last night i couldnt sleep til 5, woken up at 6am by my mum, rolled over and went back to sleep until 7.15, got up, revised and got ready, went into science exam, came home, revised, lunch, went in and did textiles exam. Got home washed hair about to commense business studies revision cramming sesh. Im goood...lols, however ive had like 16 hours before, holidays i end up gettin later and later..until its like 7am - 3pm..eek! Doesnt help when bofriend comes round every saturday/friday ngiht and you stay up together til like 6am..
I like about 9-10 hours sleep to feel really good. anymore and im tired.
Reply 37
I can go for a while with 6 hours sleep a night. If I get 8 im fine, but its always good when you get 10 or so :biggrin:
Phil_98164
I can go for a while with 6 hours sleep a night. If I get 8 im fine, but its always good when you get 10 or so :biggrin:

Yea im basicly like that also, I can do about 3 days on 4 hours sleep, then im gone lol
Reply 39
Timeslikethese

yeh lol! im really bored so i jst send off for tickets to free tv shows as something to do as i have no college until september 11th now