Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Sra application & criminal convictions Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I completed my degree last year and subsequently went on to do the lpc with a view to complete this year.

However, in November last year I was convicted of an offence 'failing to provide breath sample' received and 18 month ban a fine of 250 and 25% reduction for a drink driving course which I completed last month. Ban was due to come off in march.

I applied to sra when i started the lpc and this is still ongoing due to a few formalities. It was likely to be accepted as I paid the fine etc.

however, last week I was caught driving whilst disqualified, dangerous driving, failing to provide, no insurance, resisting arrest.

Although the dangerous driving is the most serious of offences, a girl in the back of my car opened the door whilst I was driving and Jamp out cuz she was drunk. This is what entails this charge.

I am due to appear in court in two weeks for sentencing. I spent the weekend in custody and appeared before magistrates on the Monday and case was adjourned for a pre sentence report.

Doe this mean my career has gone? Is there any way I can save it. I made a grave mistake I had no intention to drive the car. I did it because some boys were hassling us and I was newly going to move the car down the road to another location. I've had problems hence the reason for my drinking.

Is there anything I can do to minimise the impact of any affect on my career or I'm I just trying to put broken prices of glass together. I can try sort it out is useless? I'm 25.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophi01)

Is there anything I can do to minimise the impact of any affect on my career or I'm I just trying to put broken prices of glass together. I can try sort it out is useless? I'm 25.
    Certain things do not add up here.

Firstly, a passenger opening a car door does not amount to dangerous driving. Did you continue driving once the door was open?

Secondly, you do not mention how you came to be charged with resisting arrest?

Thirdly, the police are normally only too anxious to bail "respectable" offenders and particularly female ones, yet you were kept in custody for two days.

As for the SRA, the dangerous driving and drunken driving will be the least serious of your problems. Resisting arrest, driving uninsured and driving whilst disqualified will ensure that you never become a solicitor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nulli tertius)
    Certain things do not add up here.

Firstly, a passenger opening a car door does not amount to dangerous driving. Did you continue driving once the door was open?

Secondly, you do not mention how you came to be charged with resisting arrest?

Thirdly, the police are normally only too anxious to bail "respectable" offenders and particularly female ones, yet you were kept in custody for two days.

As for the SRA, the dangerous driving and drunken driving will be the least serious of your problems. Resisting arrest, driving uninsured and driving whilst disqualified will ensure that you never become a solicitor.
    thats right. I panicked.
    Secondly resisting arrest; She used excessive force which was t needed. She dragged me out the car and slammed by against the car door. I tried say to be look I'm a reasonable person be reasonable with me and I will Cooperate. She continued slamming me. I've never ever been in a fight in my life. Nor ever been volatile. But the way she was was out of order. She provoked me and tarted pulling me at my hair. They put me in the car and the. Dragged me back out the car again by my hair. So I became furious at that point. I started swearing etc. they kept in custody for two days b audit my attitude towards them.

I drove the car just to move it to a different location few metered down the road because we were getting hassled by these boys who wouldn't leave us alone.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.