Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone!
    Paid my accomodation deposit for McMillan Flat Share last week, SO excited but nervous but excited!

What's everyone taking with them as I'm unsure what I need to take and what not to take! haha! :P

Thanks, George

ReputationRep:
    I'm paying mine tomorrow (Friday).

I'm definitely taking tv, computer, games consoles. Don't need any furniture! Do need a wireless router though if you want to be wireless in your room.

One tip is make sure you pack one set of crockery / cutlery / kettle separately for quick access when you move in.

Don't bother bringing food / drink as Sainsburys is right next to the entrance to McMillan. Though, saying that, everybody else might think the same and the shelves of Sainsburys are emptied!

Do you know which block you're in yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey you two, I have been offered accommodation in the McMillan Student Village as well, which I have accepted, I am just struggling on how to pay the deposit, I have followed the instructions as per the received email. When I log in to the portal and go to Accommodation Transactions, I type in 400 in the box and click add next to it but nothing happens, any ideas??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackie11)
    Hey you two, I have been offered accommodation in the McMillan Student Village as well, which I have accepted, I am just struggling on how to pay the deposit, I have followed the instructions as per the received email. When I log in to the portal and go to Accommodation Transactions, I type in 400 in the box and click add next to it but nothing happens, any ideas??
    Phone them up to pay, it's the fastest and most reliable form! It will appear on portal that you've paid over the phone and you'll get the confirmation email 15 minutes later! I wanna get room numbers so I can find who I'm sharing with!

Congrats on getting a place!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh I'm doing it as a direct (private) applicant rather than through my university so my arrangements are slightly different I'm in one of the double studios

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeorgeHWheeler)
    Phone them up to pay, it's the fastest and most reliable form! It will appear on portal that you've paid over the phone and you'll get the confirmation email 15 minutes later! I wanna get room numbers so I can find who I'm sharing with!

Congrats on getting a place!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ok Thank you George

ReputationRep:
    Holding deposit paid this afternoon. Woo hoo McMillan here I come

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've paid my deposit now too , I'm assuming we can arrive on either the Saturday or Sunday and we get allocated a specific flat then??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackie11)
    I've paid my deposit now too , I'm assuming we can arrive on either the Saturday or Sunday and we get allocated a specific flat then??
    I guess that's how it works although, I might ring up a week before (blag it a bit, haha!) and tell them I've got family sending stuff over so I can find out my specific stuff!
    What you studying?!
    24 days! SO excited!

ReputationRep:
    They've advised me to move in a few days after the 14th because of all you rowdy students cluttering up the place

I'm going to be studying BSc Psychology.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I guess that's how it works although, I might ring up a week before (blag it a bit, haha!) and tell them I've got family sending stuff over so I can find out my specific stuff!
    What you studying?!
    24 days! SO excited!
    Hey George, aww good idea!! I will be studying Mathematics and Computing, how about you?
    23 days!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seantnash)
    They've advised me to move in a few days after the 14th because of all you rowdy students cluttering up the place

I'm going to be studying BSc Psychology.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha us rowdy students hehe, I'm 24 so im thinking I may be the oldest (and wisest haha only joking) going into halls lol

Good luck with the Psychology, I did an A Level in that.

ReputationRep:
    LOL I'm 34 I've already done a certificate of higher education in psychology so have a fair idea what to expect and know already I love the subject

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    !
    I lived there for my first year and I'm pretty sure they don't know what flat you will be in until you arrive and they just give you a key, I think it's randomly selected?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seantnash)
    LOL I'm 34 I've already done a certificate of higher education in psychology so have a fair idea what to expect and know already I love the subject

Posted from TSR Mobile
    aww wow - that's great!!

ReputationRep:
    Do we need to book our room online with Opal https://opalstudents.com/accounts/lo...l-information/??

ReputationRep:
    You could but there isn't much point as they are no longer in charge of it

If you have applied for McMillan through your uni then they will tell you what to do.

If you are like me and a private applicant you do it through CRM Students who are now responsible for running it http://www.crm-students.com/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ok Thank You Sean

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to sound very stupid, but I just wanna check; do these rooms have mirrors and bins already in them?? Even if its just a bathroom mirror

ReputationRep:
    The funny thing is I was wondering exactly the same thing myself the other day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.