Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

In clearing for FDsc in animal management and behavior Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm so scared I don't get accepted I messed my life up and did nack all for past 3 years now I'm scared as theirs is my last chance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boobiemyboobster)
    I'm so scared I don't get accepted I messed my life up and did nack all for past 3 years now I'm scared as theirs is my last chance
    Hello,

It's natural to be anxious about things, but the advantage you have over many applicants is that you know your situation now. I suggest turning your anxious energy into proactive action and make sure you have planned your 'attack' done your research. You know you're in clearing so if you have a clear idea of how it works, what institutions you're interested in and hoping have spaces, and the phone numbers etc to hand then you are in a good position to start phoning around while others are collecting their results and trying to make their own plans at short notice.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks I am just wondering when they will make the decision

ReputationRep:
    Thanks I am just wondering when they will make the decision
    It can be quite quick. Generally most universities will have a front line staff who will take your details and make sure you meet their basic entry requirements. If you do then you will be passed over to a more senior person or admissions tutor who will talk to you and probably decide whether to make you an offer on the spot. Once you have an offer you can go out and get more if you want, then after 5pm you can enter your preferred choice in UCAS Track.

ReputationRep:
    Do I need to do anything now or is it a waiting game sorry I'm new to all this

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do I need to do anything now or is it a waiting game sorry I'm new to all this

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't worry, it's new to most people! Have a read of this for some tips on Clearing:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...s_for_Clearing

First off make sure you try and get a good nights sleep, that is the most important thing. After that, the following are worth thinking about:

1) What courses/institutions are you interested in going to, if they came up in clearing? If you've already thought about it now, and it has places, you don't need to think tomorrow.
    2) Are these institutions already advertising clearing places on their website?
    3) What are the phone numbers you need?
    4) What will you say to them to sell yourself?
    5) Have you reread your personal statement so you can talk about it?

ReputationRep:
    Do I need to do this even though I have already applied in clearing

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm in

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.