Turn on thread page Beta

Waking Up With Eyes Stuck Together watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uzi123)
    Ok, so I suffer from really bad Hayfever, and my eyes get sooo itchy, sometimes they get so bad I have to stop driving.

Anyways, when I wake up in the morning, my eyes are stuck together. I cant open them naturally, I have to literally pull my eyelids apart.

When I do finally pull them apart, and go to the bathroom, I can see this weird green stuff around my eyes!
    This only happens to me in Hayfever season, but I have exams, and cant risk this as it baffles me when I wake up!

Can someone please help me! Please tell me what to do to avoid this!
    Hey
    I get hayfever too and Ive noticed the same symptoms in the past as you though not to that extent. If it is hayfever, opticrom eyedrops are brilliant! They are specifically designed for hayfever, stop the itching and soothe the eyes so they are definitely worth a try.

Although it probably is hayfever, these are the same symptoms as conjuctivitus so you may wanna check it out as conjuctivitus is easily cured with eye drops (I think its brolene eye drops, though Im not sure so dont take just my word for it).

Hope this helped you a bit.

Well I've been using Opticrom for the last few hours, and its worked great!

Heres hoping I can open my eyes normally tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    I get this - I've been having it for the past couple of weeks, and I hate waking up because it hurts to open my eyes.

I hope your eyes are fine tomorrow morning OP

Well, took 2 drops before bed, and woke up fine today!

To bad the weather was crap this morning, but I was glad I could see!

ReputationRep:
    Before you go to bed wash your face with warm salty water. When you wake up, if your eyes are stuck together, wet a piece of cotton wool with warm water. Use it to softly wipe the dried hard mucus off of your eyelids. next wash your face with warm salty water.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hugatree)
    God that happened to me once but it was cos of a giant mosquito bite (I'm highly allergic). I just thought sod it they'll open later and without worrying much I walked downstairs half blind. :p: I must have been verrry sleepy still. Then I walk into the kitchen and mum goes :eek: what happened to you!? She didn't know whether to laugh or be worried cos I looked like Quasimodo. :rolleyes:
    OMG! I am also allergic to mosquitoes and when they bite me i get huge water bumps all over! My limbs are all swollen and I have to stay in bed the whole time I'm on vacation in Jamaica.

ReputationRep:
    I've had the exact same thing as you last week!
    Basically my sister farted on my pillow and I contracted pink eye, how cool and crazy is that!

ReputationRep:
    This thread is 10 years old now so I'm going to close it. If you would like to make a new thread you can do so here

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 11, 2017
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.