Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So whilst I'm crying and drowning in my own slumber because of tomorrow, I was wondering whether I should check Track first or go to college and check my results.

I mean if I check Track then I guess it would be quicker? I don't know but I know for a fact that this is going to be one of my problems tomorrow -.-

What about you guys?

ReputationRep:
    I would check Track first.

Luckily for me I can get my results online from 6am. I couldn't face my teachers, especially if I didn't make the grades to get in.
    I'd rather know I didn't get in, and then find out the exact grades.

ReputationRep:
    Track is always down on results day morning. Go to your college!

I can't decide what to do Track or results... I really don't want to walk into school knowing I've failed. Having to face all my teachers and seeing everyone's gleeful faces :cry2:

ReputationRep:
      Apparently Track is open from 8? o-o
      And I'm really scared of opening the paper and seeing my result- I just really really want to get into my firm choice!

ReputationRep:
      I'm going on track at 8 to see if I'm in or not, but then obviously I'll go the the sixth form and get my results, since track doesn't actually have results. I'd rather find out that I'm not into uni at home at 8 rather than at sixth form at 9 in front of everybody!

ReputationRep:
      TRACK. If it says I've been rejected i'm not going into school :unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
      I'd check on Track first before going in. Normally everyone gathers around asking how you've done as soon as you open it. If you already know where you're going then you have a good chance of composing yourself well in front of your friends and teachers .

ReputationRep:
      I'm checking on track so I have a good incidation of my results lol

ReputationRep:
      Track is open in 12 hours (literally). I'd check track first

ReputationRep:
      I hate knowing I didn't get the grades I wanted:-(

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by D-Box)
      I'd check on Track first before going in. Normally everyone gathers around asking how you've done as soon as you open it. If you already know where you're going then you have a good chance of composing yourself well in front of your friends and teachers .
      Yeah those other pupils can be really annoying

Spoiler:
      Show
      I'll be doing the same as you though :P

ReputationRep:
      Oh and good luck to you all btw!

ReputationRep:
      Doesn't apply to me til next year but I'd get results first cos even if you didn't get what you expected you may be pleasantly surprised you still got in.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      It's easy to say you'd get alevels first but when you wake up at 7/8 tomo you will not resist logging in, you'll wanna know as soon as!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      Definitely track first as I prefer to find out alone.

Then you can do one of two things before getting results:
      1. Crack open the champagne! The actual grades don't matter.
      2. Cry! And then have a chance to consider your alternative plan/ prep clearing before going in to sixth form. Then once you have your grades you can get straight on with finding a place and get help from teachers at school.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.