Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What are your best study tips which you think always work?
    I haven't yet found a method that works best for me so just wondered what do you find the most helpful as well as the least?

Thank You all for your advice :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I swore by the Pomodoro Technique during university. You do either 20 minutes or 50 minutes of work and take a 10 minute break. It's great for ploughing through work that's really boring or difficult, as you know you'll only be doing it for a set amount of time before you can have a break. Time passes so quickly when you work like this!

ReputationRep:
    I tell myself If I don't get this crap outta the way now I'm gonna be stressed for weeks and feel like s#¡t.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Of course, there's the Feynman technique. Essentially, try to explain every topic you study to someone else (even if it's someone imaginary, just make sure you ask questions to yourselves... if that makes sense). It really helps your intuition about the topic and you hopefully make connections with other topics which helps you remember it. You can even pretend that you're some super intelligent professor giving a lecture to 10k as students as if you've made some discovery (I'm very lonely). Just don't go overboard with it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.