Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    HI,
    I'm doing my first
    undergrad (BA) but I know I want to a second (BSC) necessary for my ultimate career goal.

I know I would have to self fund this degree and I'll have to save up a fair number of years to do this.

But I hear this formula alot: New course length +1 year - Previous years of study. Is this true, many say it is :confused:

Would this mean:
    BSC= 3 years +1= 4 Years of funding - 3 (BA)= 1 year of tuition fees?

If this is true it would save 9k of savings! I know i'll still have to work my a** of for that amount of money but hey :P

Thanks in advance. I'd contact them but I havn't had good experiences with them >.<

ReputationRep:
    If you already have a degree, you will automatically not get any more Student Finance (the "ELQ" Equivalent or Lower Qualification rule) for the majority of courses. The only exceptions are degrees sponsored by the NHS, so it depends what your second degree would be.

If your second course isn't NHS-sponsored, then you're looking at a max of £27,000 in tuition fees alone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klix88)
    If you already have a degree, you will automatically not get any more Student Finance (the "ELQ" Equivalent or Lower Qualification rule) for the majority of courses. The only exceptions are degrees sponsored by the NHS, so it depends what your second degree would be.

If your second course isn't NHS-sponsored, then you're looking at a max of £27,000 in tuition fees alone.
    Ok thanks, it was worth a try! I want to to physics/astrophysics so I know I'll have to pay for myself. I'll work for as long as it takes. I have some savings already to cover 3 years of living costs, thankfully a lot of places don't charge more for the ELQ *phew*

ReputationRep:
    goalposts move

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.