Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I have applied for Student finance in 2012/2013. I was entitled for student loan, but have never enrolled for the course so SFE never paid anything to the university.

I was not able to apply for 2013/2014 as it always wanted to acknowledge me as a 2nd year student, so I have called SFE and they deleted my earlier application for academic year 2012/2013.

I have applied again for 2013/2014, sent all the evidence required for the Tuition fee loan and Maintenance loan, but SFE keeps sending me an entitlement letter of £0 pound for academic year of 2012/2013 instead of any information regarding 2013/2014 application. On the website it says that everything is in order and I am eligible for a certain amount of Tuition Fee Loan, Maintenance Loan and Grant for academic year 2013/2014.

It is rather strange. When I phoned up SFE a representative told me that they had to send me a confirmation regarding 2012/2013 that nothing has been paid for that academic year. I can understand this, but why did i have to receive this letter 3 times and nothing regarding 2013/2014?

ReputationRep:
    This is getting out of hand.

I have been requested further information on my tenancy during the initial period I came to the UK. I have sent the evidence in July and only got the further request in August. It takes 4 weeks for the SFE to answer an evidence submission. And I had to enroll in school which I have done on a promissory basis.

I do not understand why I have to go through this process over again, if I was approved for a loan and grant last year and it seems like the SFE deleted all record regarding this...

Could the REP from SFE answer this? This is getting really serious now as I will stand at the door with a £9K check and a £0 entitlement letter for 2012/2013... which was last year....And still no answer at all for 2013/2014 when I would actually start studying.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

There are certain circumstances in which a Notification letter for a previous academic year would be sent to yourself - mainly when there is information on the system from a previous application that could affect how a current one is assessed. Each time a change is made, a Notification letter is generated automatically by our system.

It does take approximately 10-15 working days to process evidence sent via post by yourself - this is a normal timescale and at this time of year may be increased due to the high volume of late applications.

As you are considered a new student within a new academic year, we do need all information again as you are entering a new financial agreement with Student Loans Company.

Once our assessors have all the information required and your application has been approved, you will be sent your 2013/14 Notification of Entitlement and this will confirm all funding you have been awarded.

Thanks,

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.