Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Camping outside school??!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    I have just driven past a school and there are 3 tents outside the gates and a queue of about 20 people! They must be opening at midnight or perhaps it some sort of joke?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Harold)
    I have just driven past a school and there are 3 tents outside the gates and a queue of about 20 people! They must be opening at midnight or perhaps it some sort of joke?!
    who on earth does that!

ReputationRep:
    Rofl. They've officially set a new level of desperateness.

ReputationRep:
    That's ****in' tragic

ReputationRep:
    No pic no proof.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Levingne)
    who on earth does that!
    It was a very surreal experience! After a six hour drive, I thought I was hallucinating! I'm stuck in queues on some motorway somewhere but I'll keep my eyes peeled for any more enthusiastic students! It's like a new Harry Potter is being released or something!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by `Jts)
    No pic no proof.
    It didn't occur to me to take a picture, I was half asleep and gawping a the weirdos from the window.

ReputationRep:
    It'd make you wonder.

Maybe they're doing it because normally they wouldn't be able to wake up, even for an important day, being 'students' and all that. Camping outside a school would force them to get up.

Anyway it's a bit pathetic, whatever the result I'd want a comfortable night's sleep.

ReputationRep:
    It was a very surreal experience! After a six hour drive, I thought I was hallucinating! I'm stuck in queues on some motorway somewhere but I'll keep my eyes peeled for any more enthusiastic students! It's like a new Harry Potter is being released or something!!
    Mind you, results day does make students go a bit loopy!

ReputationRep:
    Maybe they thought that results day was like the Next winter sale... and that if they didn't camp out, all the A's would have gone. :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Mind you, results day does make students go a bit loopy!
    I'm only in year 10 but for some reason am beside myself with excitement and the reaction on TSR after midnight! It feels like election night!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddlesnap)
    That's ****in' tragic
    I'm still expecting to hear that prank call to Bolton tomorrow, I haven't forgotten!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm only in year 10 but for some reason am beside myself with excitement and the reaction on TSR after midnight! It feels like election night!
    :ditto:
    Knowing TSR there will be threads about what people got and the big "are my grades worth applying for a better uni? *insert 7 A*'S* :doh: I'm excited for GCSE results day even though I'm only getting my science results! :cookie:

ReputationRep:
    I'm still expecting to hear that prank call to Bolton tomorrow, I haven't forgotten!!
    Nor have I, don't worry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddlesnap)
    Nor have I, don't worry
    How exciting!!

ReputationRep:
    :ditto:
    Knowing TSR there will be threads about what people got and the big "are my grades worth applying for a better uni? *insert 7 A*'S* :doh: I'm excited for GCSE results day even though I'm only getting my science results! :cookie:
    LOL, only A* will do for TSR! I'm getting an astronomy, believe it or not, result on the 22nd and am somewhat excited even though I think that I may have failed!

ReputationRep:
    LOL, only A* will do for TSR! I'm getting an astronomy, believe it or not, result on the 22nd and am somewhat excited even though I think that I may have failed!
    I'm sure you haven't failed, people who always think they do end up doing the best Good luck though!
    results day makes me feel grown up aha

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure you haven't failed, people who always think they do end up doing the best Good luck though!
    results day makes me feel grown up aha
    Thanks, I hope that you do well also!
    I'm going to be so embarrassed going into the hall full of year 11s, how daunting!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Results day IS the election night of TSR.

It's the most important day in the TSR calendar. :p:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
      Useful resources
      AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.