The Student Room Group

Apply to different course at same university through adjustment?

Is it possible to apply to a different course at the same university through adjustment?

Specifics:
Currently doing Biology (AAA)
Want to go to NatSci (A*AA-AAA)
At UCL

or should I just call them and ask for a transfer?

Honestly both are for me, but feel that Natural Sciences provides more postgrad opportunities and better chance at job opportunities.

Thanks
Original post by Tane
Is it possible to apply to a different course at the same university through adjustment?

Specifics:
At UCL

Honestly both are for me, but feel that Natural Sciences provides more postgrad opportunities and better chance at job opportunities.

Thanks

I would think you could try either, although the number of adjustment places is very small.
Reply 2
Original post by carnationlilyrose
I would think you could try either, although the number of adjustment places is very small.

hmmm yeah I thought I should try both, don't know which one to do first though.
Original post by Tane
hmmm yeah I thought I should try both, don't know which one to do first though.

Well, adjustment has a five day window, so maybe start there. Although tbh you'd be having the same conversation so it doesn't matter what you call it.
Original post by Tane

Specifics:
At UCL

Thanks

Unfortunately UCL doesn't do adjustment.
Reply 5
UCAS advises you call up the university, see if there's a place and do it all internally with the uni as it's more efficient
Original post by eggfriedrice
Unfortunately UCL doesn't do adjustment.

That's a point. Well, he'll just have to call it asking for a transfer then.
Reply 7
Original post by es.c
UCAS advises you call up the university, see if there's a place and do it all internally with the uni as it's more efficient

yeah I'll call them up either way after I get grades tomorrow, if I attempt to transfer internally, I won't lose my place on the Bio course right?

don't think it will affect my student finance, lucky I'm not movin out.
Original post by Tane
yeah I'll call them up either way after I get grades tomorrow, if I attempt to transfer internally, I won't lose my place on the Bio course right?

don't think it will affect my student finance, lucky I'm not movin out.

Hey Im planning on changing to a different course at UCL as well. Are you going to call the Faculty to see if you can make the switch?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by nicolestephanie
Hey Im planning on changing to a different course at UCL as well. Are you going to call the Faculty to see if you can make the switch?

yeah, I don't actually know who to call, but I guess that's where I would try.
I exceeded their requirements, so hopefully its cool.

If you find out who to call or you manage to switch, keep me updated.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending