Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, so I'm thinking about doing a psychology conversion course next year after I've graduated from Nottingham University doing American and Canadian history, literature and culture. I've always been interested in Psychology but I think I lacked the confidence to apply to study it at University, and by the time I'd found out I'd achieved A* in it at A2 I thought it was too late. I've recently learned that you can do a conversion course in psychology recognised by the bps, but I've noticed that most of them are either Msc or PGDip.

From what I can gather, the difference is the Msc requires a dissertation and the PGDip does not, is that correct? In that case, what are the benefits of going the extra mile and doing an Msc instead of a PGDip, is it worth it? What would my options be like after completing a PGDip vs an Msc? Would the Msc be too difficult not having studied Psychology in 4 years by then?

Thanks so much for any advice!

ReputationRep:
    heya im looking at the two courses as well. what i saw on the course profile is that pgdip required to have obtained 60credits from psychology before entering, not too sure about msc psych conversion though. i have emailed them about that but havent heard from them yet. let me get back to you when i get the answers! D

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.