Think global, act local Watch

This discussion is closed.
danni_bella
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Coz that's what we need to do.
Let's see some action here, some ideas poured into here to try and make the world a (slightly) better place.
Everdawn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Im not quite sure what you are tying to do.
danni_bella
Rep:
?
Hi, I'm trying to get ppl. here to think of things they could do, to make the world a better place, and I was specifically concerned about the environment. My friends and I were talking today, and we weren't too impressed with all the rich countries fully avoiding signing contracts about stopping poisonous gases being released into the air, stopping the production of pesticides, that sort of thing. It annoyed me enough to make a forum about it. Anyway, I'm trying to encourage ppl. to not only think about these global issues, but act locally in their community to do something about it. Because seriously, one person isn't going to make a difference, but if a lot of people change their ways, we may see some slight (my boyf kind of studies this, and what he's been telling me lately isn't all that cheerful) positive changes to our planet. Maybe. I'm not an expert on this, as I'm actually a psyc student, hey, but I can ask ppl. I know who study environmental science and related subjects if you lot have any particular queries.

Ok, over to you...
Everdawn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I hate Biology, Plants are my enemy...
danni_bella
Rep:
?
(Original post by Everdawn)
I hate Biology, Plants are my enemy...

Yeah but, without plants, we wouldn't be here. And trust me, it certainly doesn't work the other way around. Anyway I wasn't just referring to plants, I meant like the whole eco-system (biosphere or whatever) of the planet, which includes humans. If we don't do anything to help out the environment, we too, will suffer very soon. By the way, being a fellow Aussie, what are you views on Latham wanting to bring back the troops from Iraq?
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (203)
12.7%
Excited (139)
8.69%
Worried (291)
18.2%
Terrified (363)
22.7%
Meh (143)
8.94%
Confused (35)
2.19%
Putting on a brave face (221)
13.82%
Impatient (204)
12.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise