Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Earlier in the year I was 'put on' Employment and Support Allowance, or whatever bull**** it's called. I had an assessment after about 10 weeks, the purpose of which was to determine whether or not I was in fact entitled to ESA according to the standards of whichever *******s are calling the shots. I was declined. This was about 5 weeks ago now and I have been lying to my parents ever since, telling them I still have this income.

For reasons I won't go into, I can no longer pretend i'm still on ESA, and by the evening tomorrow, I have to come clean. I may be evicted.

Sigh. I know there is no way out, I'd just like to mull over this and then think about my last night sleeping indoors and on a clear mattress.

*clean mattress.

ReputationRep:
    I don't see why they would kick their son out. ...

(Original post by kidomo)
    I don't see why they would kick their son out. ...
    Because then I'm living in the house with no income. I can't work, so what am I supposed to do. They're going to go ape****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Because then I'm living in the house with no income. I can't work, so what am I supposed to do. They're going to go ape****.
    Continue lying until you find a job? Whatever reason you have for coming clean is nothing compared to being homeless. ....

(Original post by kidomo)
    Continue lying until you find a job? Whatever reason you have for coming clean is nothing compared to being homeless. ....
    Past tomorrow evening, I cannot lie any more. They expect to see a document which I cannot get without being on ESA. Not actually being on that benefit now, the document will no be produced, ergo- I have to come clean.

There will be no job, because I am incapable of working atm.

ReputationRep:
    Past tomorrow evening, I cannot lie any more. They expect to see a document which I cannot get without being on ESA. Not actually being on that benefit now, the document will no be produced, ergo- I have to come clean.

There will be no job, because I am incapable of working atm.
    If you are incapable of working then there are plenty of other benefits that can help you
    and why not just sign on? thats some cash at least

ReputationRep:
    I don't see why they'd kick you out? You don't have income so you don't exactly have rent? Why was you taken off benefits?

(Original post by littlemissmidget123)
    If you are incapable of working then there are plenty of other benefits that can help you
    and why not just sign on? thats some cash at least
    There aren't other benefits. The benefit I was on is the one I'm supposed to claim.

(Original post by Michaelj)
    I don't see why they'd kick you out? You don't have income so you don't exactly have rent? Why was you taken off benefits?
    Because my parents are highly strung and in their mind, it's a job or benefits or I'm committing a grave sin by having 0 income. God knows what will actually happen when I tell them. I was a hairs width away from being thrown out at the start of the summer this year.

I was taken off benefits because the government are trying to get everyone off benefits, whether they deserve/need them or not. They don't care who ends up in the gutter/dead as a result.

ReputationRep:
    There aren't other benefits. The benefit I was on is the one I'm supposed to claim.

Because my parents are highly strung and in their mind, it's a job or benefits or I'm committing a grave sin by having 0 income. God knows what will actually happen when I tell them. I was a hairs width away from being thrown out at the start of the summer this year.

I was taken off benefits because the government are trying to get everyone off benefits, whether they deserve/need them or not. They don't care who ends up in the gutter/dead as a result.
    My mother works in disability advice and gets benefits for people like you. There is always something.

OMG they will be home in 20 minutes! I don't know whether I should just run now or stay and face the music. I tried to phone my dad but his phone went to answering machine- i.e. he's travelling home right now. **** **** ****.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.