The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

yaya got an A in Chemistry and heading to Kings College London :smile: :smile:
Original post by goldenfish
Got rejected from both unis amd can't apply through clearing because I haven't been released by my insurance even though I asked them to release me 30 mins ago :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

It could take some time, so be patient. You won't be able to add a clearing choice until 5pm anyway. You can start having a look at what places are available in clearing just now whilst your insurance releases you.
Leaving for school now, omg results are so close now I hope my bus isn't ****ing late
Congratulations to everybody who got what they needed! If you didn't it is just a minor set back, don't worry and look at your alternatives.
2 As, 2 Bs and a C! Slightly disappointed about the C in Biology, but I'll just resit that. Only dropped 13 marks across the entire English Lit. course which is nice. Pretty pleased, now I can enjoy the rest of summer. :')
Original post by otrivine

AWESOME!! Congratulations, otrivine! So happy you got in!! :biggrin:

Illusionary and cpdavis are sitting near me right now and they're both really happy, too! That's BRILLIANT. :biggrin:
Bloody heck no wonder they talk about grade inflation, pretty much everybody on here has got an A or A*. Makes me wonder whether or not I should be happy if I get such a grade if about a million over people got exactly the same...
Got AS results of AAAC! Sooooo haaaappy
Original post by otrivine

SO happy for you! Well done :biggrin:
I got overall A's in Physics, Chemistry and Maths in AS but I can't think of any degree I want to go into... Can anybody list me as many as they can or give pros and cons of each one? I'm really confused about what to do... (And well done everyone else!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
:cry2:
Damn it.
That's a year of retakes, thrown away because of illness through the exam period. For the third year running.
I think I must have been a hornet in a past life, or someone really horrible, because I'm making up for it now!
Don't know what to do. I guess I'll just retake.
Again. I'm getting to be an old hat at this.
:hugs: Congratulations to everyone who got what they wanted.
(edited 10 years ago)
Got a better remark score :smile:

Congrats to everyone.. :smile:
Reply 1172
My offer was ABB but I got A*AC, I was accepted into my firm but do you think its worth going for an adjustment place? Will I get a better place even though I got a C? I'm applying for computer science and the C was in physics if that helps...
Got into uni but I didnt get the grades I worked hard for. Bittersweet feeling :/
Reply 1175
So my boyfriend has received an Unconditional from his insurance, and an unconditional place with significant changes from his firm. He's really happy with this an all and wants to know how long does he have to decide!
Original post by Cameron10
Bloody heck no wonder they talk about grade inflation, pretty much everybody on here has got an A or A*. Makes me wonder whether or not I should be happy if I get such a grade if about a million over people got exactly the same...

Actually, A and A* awards are down 0.3% from last year! 26.6% to 26.3%!

Original post by slash2k0
My offer was ABB but I got A*AC, I was accepted into my firm but do you think its worth going for an adjustment place? Will I get a better place even though I got a C? I'm applying for computer science and the C was in physics if that helps...

Afraid you wouldn't be eligible for Adjustment anyway. You have to meet and exceed your offer, so the C misses that. :frown:
(edited 10 years ago)
Got an ABU for my AS results, I need help. What will I do from here? That U is clearly a brick wall. Will it be possible to repeat next year while studying for A2?
Original post by InadequateJusticex
Got into uni but I didnt get the grades I worked hard for. Bittersweet feeling :/

I have the exact same feeling.
Reply 1179
Just got back from getting my results. Got A*AB.

A* in Art, almost 100% UMS
A in Maths, 1 mark of an A*. FML. 1 mark. Just 1. I cried.
B in Physics. Really wanted an A, was only 5 marks off from it. :frown:

Disappointed, but still happy that I got into my firm. :smile:

Latest