The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mhassan
Dam can't get my results untill I handed in all my books. Need to find them

my old school used the same tactic :rofl:
Original post by PQ
:frown: have you been able to get an answer from your uni yet?

If not is there anything in clearing that takes your fancy? What are your subjects/grades and what sort of thing are you after?

Yes, I spoke to the admissions tutor directly, she was really lovely about it. Once I heard "I'm so sorry" I almost lost it :redface:
I don't think clearing is really an option for me. I took up a new A-level (anthropology) this year on my own and had to teach it to myself, that combined with the poor exam timing ended up with a big, fat, juicy U :colondollar:
My other subjects were Biology and Philosophy & Ethics. Got a C at Biology A2 and B at P&E AS. My results from this summer out of 100 raw marks were 63 and 62 for philosophy and ethics, respectively. I don't know what that takes me up to, maybe a C? Haven't found the grade boundaries yet.
I'm not sure there's anything in clearing that would accept me.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by fuzzybear
is it even peak calling time already? I know most peeps haven't got their results yet

can't get through to most unis, ffs

Unis will be pretty busy all morning as a lot of people will have their results. If you're trying to get in contact with them, just keep trying!
Yayayyayayay AAC, hello Edinburgh for Maths!
Original post by Bobilina
Yayayyayayay AAC, hello Edinburgh for Maths!

Welcome. :colone:
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
The raw marks don't make a difference as far as I know, all that matters is the UMS score (if you apply somewhere that looks at UMS score, that is!)
Raw marks won't make a difference to your A2 grades.

Thanks.
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Welcome. :colone:

I'm scared............

Are you in first year too?
Original post by Flowerii
Yes, I spoke to the admissions tutor directly, she was really lovely about it. Once I heard "I'm so sorry" I almost lost it :redface:
I don't think clearing is really an option for me. I took up a new A-level (anthropology) this year on my own and had to teach it to myself, that combined with the poor exam timing ended up with a big, fat, juicy U :colondollar:
My other subjects were Biology and Philosophy & Ethics. Got a C at Biology A2 and B at P&E AS. My results from this summer out of 100 raw marks were 63 and 62 for philosophy and ethics respectively. I don't know what that takes me up to, maybe a C? Haven't found the grade boundaries yet.

Oh no - that stinks :frown:

A C at biology is pretty good (better than my Chemistry A level grade :wink:) - it might be worth checking out clearing spaces on courses with a foundation year or similar?

Alternatively there are some unis out there who are happy to take all sorts of grades and backgrounds - the uni background is in practical education and teaching people from scratch and so they're less concerned about what you start with and more worried about how motivated you are and keen on the subject. Ex-teacher training colleges (like worcester, winchester, chichester, liverpool hope, bath spa, york st john etc) in particular tend to have brilliant reputations for teaching students with a range of grades and extremely strong student satisfaction and employability scores. Their subject range tends to be fairly limited but they're well worth a look (if only to decide that that isn't something you're interested in!).
Reply 1228
Original post by Comokanu
Exactly what I got last year, except with Maths (A) and Physics, Chemistry, Biology (B).

I was chuffed with Maths because it was really high but being 3 off of an A in Physics was annoying. I hated Biology anyway.

A year on and I have an insurance offer, firm has yet to update :smile:

What subject?
I'm hoping for durham pharmacy, you could get in with those grades!!!
I got BBBC in my results, it might not sound astronomically good but by god, I got all A's in my June exams and I cried because I'd done so well from January where I only got CCDE. I studied so, so hard and my dad - who is the toughest guy I've ever met - is sobbing on the floor because he's so proud and I'm about to puke up on my laptop :cheers:
I think I'm just dumbstruck about the fact that I actually improved so well, and that four months of solid revision from February paid off... Everybody is telling me my mum would be proud of me and it's not helping the tears ha

Congrats all!
Original post by Bobilina
I'm scared............

Are you in first year too?

I'm going into second year! Edinburgh is just fantastic, you'll love it. :tongue:
AQA French and Spanish Oral marks were MEAN! :angry:
Reply 1232
Original post by joy_to_the_world
I applied for Brighthelm! I hope I get into it and what about you? what's your preferred accomodation?

I put Brighthelm too!! I really hope I get in, although i'm not sure how I'm going to afford it and theres only 300 spaces :/ Good luck though!!!
Reply 1233
After bad AS results wasn't expecting much but got BCC...not as good as everyone else but a message to the AS if u do bad you can pull it around the next year. Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1234
My other subjects were Biology and Philosophy & Ethics. Got a C at Biology A2 and B at P&E AS. My results from this summer out of 100 raw marks were 63 and 62 for philosophy and ethics, respectively. I don't know what that takes me up to, maybe a C? Haven't found the grade boundaries yet.

Take a gap year and retake?
Reply 1235
Original post by dumbpuppet
I got BBBC in my results, it might not sound astronomically good but by god, I got all A's in my June exams and I cried because I'd done so well from January where I only got CCDE. I studied so, so hard and my dad - who is the toughest guy I've ever met - is sobbing on the floor because he's so proud and I'm about to puke up on my laptop :cheers:
I think I'm just dumbstruck about the fact that I actually improved so well, and that four months of solid revision from February paid off... Everybody is telling me my mum would be proud of me and it's not helping the tears ha

Congrats all!

Congratulations :biggrin:

I'm really sorry to hear that :frown: Best of luck with whatever you decide to do :console:
Reply 1237
Original post by dumbpuppet

Congrats all!

wow well done!
I haven't got them yet..
Reply 1239
Original post by Ecosse_14
If your firm says unconditional then you will be going to your firm. There should be a "Congratulations! Your place at X has now been confirmed" or something similar.

No, it doesn't mean you've been rejected. It could mean a number of things such as UCAS hasn't processed the university's decision yet or the university still hasn't made their decision. I'd advise you to go collect your results if you haven't already and if UCAS is still saying the same when you're home, phone your firm university.

Hi guys!

Everyone who has an unconditional firm will be shown adjustment. This does not automatically mean you are eligible though. You must have met AND exceeded your firm offer to be eligible.

Do I retain my accommodation offer at my UC despite being in adjustment?

Latest