The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1500
Going to LSE with A*AAab :smile: best thing is in my first year I didn't try at all and got CCEU, just shows what you can do if you really try your absolute hardest! I got a U in AS maths and I didn't drop a mark in A2 marks. (i repeated a whole year and retook the AS subjects). Hope everyone else did as well as they had hoped
Reply 1501
Original post by richiemct
Got an ABU for my AS results, I need help. What will I do from here? That U is clearly a brick wall. Will it be possible to repeat next year while studying for A2?

Bit late, but I knew a guy who got CDEU last year and he just got into university with BBC.

It's still very possible if you carry on.
Hey guys well done everyone.

In a bit of a dilemma. I have confirmed my firm choice at Bristol to study Electrical Engineering. However I still don't know if I want to go there. I have a feeling I would be happier at Sheffield. Family are saying I should go for Bristol because of the reputation and the job prospects. Any opinions on what I should do?
A*, A*, A*, A, A, B : Economics, crit thinking, gen studies, history, business studies, english lang respectively.

V. Pleased.
So so so so so happy! I got A*AB :smile: 2 marks off an A in history, which is a little annoying but amazing considering I wasn't even expected to get a B at the beginning of the year. I've gone into adjustment and got a place at the University of York :smile: just waiting for them to email me now and it'll all be officially sorted! I'm so happy and excited, well done everybody.
Original post by xMr_BrightSide
Economics, Religious Studies and English Literature :ahee: Yourself?

I am currently waiting for my GCSE results :bored:
And I was hoping to find someone who achieved great results at the A-Levels I am hoping to undertake

But anyways Congratulations, to you and everyone who achieved the results they wanted and needed to get into their chosen university :yay:
Original post by MathsNerd1
Maybe its wise to reduce the amount of A levels you do as well? :smile:

:nah: I'll fail in style
Out of 200, how many UMS marks do I need to get for a B. I got 137 in Business and what to know how far away from a B I was.
Reply 1508
AS Level Results:

A - Politics
A - English Language
B - History
B - English Literature

Chuffed to bits. Will be predicted an A*AB - A*AA next year! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by Ripper-Roo
He applied for Pharmacy

I had a feeling he did. I study pharmacy at Aston uni and I am afraid that I havn't actually met a person in my class who got in with BBB. I have heard about people getting in with BBB but that was like 3 years ago. Most people in my class got in with ABB or higher aslong as they had the A in chemistry A level.

Best of luck though to him :smile: Hope he gets in! If he has any question he can PM me anytime :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by DJMayes
Just got back from getting my A Level results. Today is the best day ever.

Spoiler

Truly incredible, you were one of the most active STEP thread posters, you definitely deserve this! :smile:
Reply 1511
Original post by richiemct
Got an ABU for my AS results, I need help. What will I do from here? That U is clearly a brick wall. Will it be possible to repeat next year while studying for A2?

Resit the U...I got an E in AS economics and resat both ...ended up with a B in AS...and the AB is good!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1512
ACEE at AS

A (11 from A*), B (13 from A), C at A2
Original post by PrettyLittleLiars
I had a feeling he did. I study pharmacy at Aston uni and I am afraid that I havn't actually met a person in my class who got in with BBB. I have heard about people getting in with BBB but that was like 3 years ago. Most people in my class got in with ABB or higher aslong as they had the A in chemistry A level :smile:

It *could* be different this year, considering the number of people getting accepted, despite not meeting the university's requirements. It seems more than last year because they marked the papers harder and now it's the second year of the increased university fees, so this could have reduced applications. Is Pharmacy competitive?
Reply 1514
AS Results:

Biology - A
Physics - A
Chemistry - B
Mathematics - B

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!

I was not expecting an A in physics and was expecting a D in maths! Thought I'd failed S1 and through some divine miracle got a B on it?!?! CHUFFED :biggrin:
Original post by Roloing_around
Out of 200, how many UMS marks do I need to get for a B. I got 137 in Business and what to know how far away from a B I was.

3 ums.. It'll be 140 that's close could you remark?
(edited 10 years ago)
Congratulations for everyone who got great results.

Mine was a mixed bag. Track updated around 8am saying I got into my firm choice so was thrilled. Then when I went to collect my results, it turns out I got BCC. My offer was BBB so presumed I got that it the morning. Turns out I got the C's in history and geography. Not totally unexpected but still dissapointing,

However I still got into my firm choice and now I am determined to work harder than ever.
A*A*B and going to UCL for history, over the moon!
AAAB in my AS results! The B is in economics and I am totally shocked I managed that! Roll on A-levels!

Latest