The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

As Results

A- Religious Studies
C - History
C - English Literature

I am not happy about the C's :frown:
Original post by EllyR
Yes I did! :biggrin: Well done, it's soo exciting!
Yep, the whole college is basically made of hexagons... :tongue: Ooh nice! That's a hill college too right? (There's so many I can't remember which is which lol) Neither can I!! See you there! :biggrin:

It is isn't it??? :biggrin:D I just remember reading all the stuff about Durham and the department and my college and can't believe I get to be a part of it now! :ahee: Wowww, that is pretty exceptional! There are quite a few exceptional places in Durham aren't there, like University College (in a castle :O)?! :biggrin: Yeah it's a hill college... :smile:)

Btw not to like stalk or anything bt I saw your grades earlier in this thread and... you genius!!! :biggrin: Well done!!!!
Original post by AlesanaWill
A*A*A* in Physics, Maths and History. Off to study Physics at the Uni of Nottingham. :biggrin:

Well done all - hope you got the grades you needed!

Wow dude congrats, those are beyond awesome grades!! :biggrin:

See ya at Nottingham :wink:
Original post by Peakcasso
A*A*B and going to UCL for history, over the moon!

Me too!!! :biggrin: I got a*aa though, just exactly met my offer ahh thank god I was so sure I wouldn't. See you at ucl!
Original post by Roloing_around
Just my luck that I get that close :mad:

Need to go back into school to see if I can remark but I should be able to

Good luck :-)
Original post by Vicodin
I just rang them again and it was the same person. She asked whether i'd rang and i said yeah and explained that i dont know where i stand and she basically said the same thing. She said 'I have no more information and can't specify a timeline'.

Which uni is it? I might be able to help you find someone better to speak to.

PM me if you'd prefer (although public name and shame is always a good tactic!)
hey guys, i called my firm earlier because my track had not updated. They said they were considering me because i missed the requirement by one grade. They said i would get priority because i firmed them yet i check now and still no update to my track? any advice on what to do?
Will an ACC at AS hurt my chances of getting an offer from the course I want to do which is ABB?
Sorry but I don't understand grade boundaries haha, got a C in sociology which I'm a bit disappointed about but what did raw mark and ums mark did you have to get to get an A? & to get a B? Have they raised the boundaries for sociology? Seems a bit dodgy this year from what I've heard with other people who've got C's who were expected a bit better:smile:
Original post by lauraaaaa
Every bloody time :frown: I'm only at AS though so hopefully I can get 2/3A*s and 2/3A's next year! I am proud of that three marks off an A in biology though cos I brought it up from a C in January and I honestly thought I'd failed!

I know, I always seem to be off A or B grades by a few UMS; it's either that or a few UMS in, never solid, slap-bang-in-the-middle grades :s-smilie:
And yeah, I'm also aiming for A*s/As next year: going to work my arse off in Year 13!
(edited 10 years ago)
A*AB in IT, history and English lang lit respectively. Going to University of Huddersfield to study Primary Education

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello everyone, sorry to switch the attention but I would love some advice right now.
I have just got my AS results and I am really heartbroken about it (CDDE)
What would be my best option bearing in mind there are no January resits any more? Is it too difficult to do AS and A2 in one year?
3 A's and 2 B's soooo happy!!! :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
My AS-Level results:

Mathematics: A with 300/300
C1: 100/100
C2: 100/100
S1: 100/100

Further Mathematics: A with 298/300
FP1: 98/100
M1: 100/100
S2: 100/100

Economics: A with 192/200
ECON1: 100/100
ECON2: 92/100

Physics: A with 290/300
PHYA1: 114/120
PHYA2: 116/120
PHYA3T: 60/60

Unused modules:
D1: 96/100
D2: 100/100
are the ums marks equivalent across all subjects? ie. 80 is always an a?
3 A's in Maths Chemistry and Geography, off to Loughborough University :biggrin: Came from BBC at AS so don't give up
Reply 1576
Original post by hvanheerden1
A*AB in IT, history and English lang lit respectively. Going to University of Huddersfield to study Primary Education

Posted from TSR Mobile

awesome, good luck :smile: !!
Original post by Infamous12
hey guys, i called my firm earlier because my track had not updated. They said they were considering me because i missed the requirement by one grade. They said i would get priority because i firmed them yet i check now and still no update to my track? any advice on what to do?

which university? - they might be messing around a lot of people and it's useful to know if there are lots of places being naughty or if it's just one.

I'd recommend calling back - ask for the name and job title of the person you speak to. Ideally ask to speak to the admissions manager directly.

Ask for a clear idea of when they'll have a decision and why they are making you wait and forcing you to possibly miss out on clearing places.

Ideally record the phone call and send it to the local press where the university is based...
Original post by melodyogbebor
Hello everyone, sorry to switch the attention but I would love some advice right now.
I have just got my AS results and I am really heartbroken about it (CDDE)
What would be my best option bearing in mind there are no January resits any more? Is it too difficult to do AS and A2 in one year?

It depends on how organised you are and how you can manage your time with AS and A2 resits. Resits tend to be easier the second time around because: 1) you've learned new content and 2) you can apply the skills you learn in A2 to the AS exams (analysis, evaluation skills, etc, improve so this can really help).

If you decide to continue, you need to determine what your predicted grades are and if you're going to university, or if you'll apply with your A-level results which means taking a gap year. Also, you can drop a subject and I wouldn't consider it necessary to resit it if you can get good grades in the others.

Have you considered starting again if you're concerned about overloading yourself next June?
Original post by PQ
which university? - they might be messing around a lot of people and it's useful to know if there are lots of places being naughty or if it's just one.

I'd recommend calling back - ask for the name and job title of the person you speak to. Ideally ask to speak to the admissions manager directly.

Ask for a clear idea of when they'll have a decision and why they are making you wait and forcing you to possibly miss out on clearing places.

Ideally record the phone call and send it to the local press where the university is based...

Kent. I will call back. If i dont get a clear answer, should i ask to be rejected so i can get into clearing ASAP? It is quite ridiculous. If i ask to be rejected that might take them even longer and i will miss out on so many places.

Latest