Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Didn't get into firm but insurance still says conditional? Help! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Just tracked track and unfortunately I didn't make the grades for my firm

My insurance still says conditional and I can't get my results until 9, what shall I do?! Help please!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Icedancer95)
    Hi

My insurance still says conditional and I can't get my results until 9, what shall I do?! Help please!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi!

If you want, you can phone up your university in half an hour or so before you go to check your results but it's probably advisable to pick up your results first. If Track is still saying conditional when you get back then phone up your insurance university then.

ReputationRep:
    This link gives good advise on what to do next... its a Student Room link

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...to_results_day

ReputationRep:
    Do you know if that means that I haven't made the grades for my insurance if they haven't immediately given me an unconditional? And that ill have to try and convince the to take me?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Do you know if that means that I haven't made the grades for my insurance if they haven't immediately given me an unconditional? And that ill have to try and convince the to take me?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not necessarily. It could be that UCAS is still waiting to process the university's decision. The only thing you can do is wait till you get your results and the contact the university if it still says conditional. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ecosse_14)
    Not necessarily. It could be that UCAS is still waiting to process the university's decision. The only thing you can do is wait till you get your results and the contact the university if it still says conditional. Good luck!
    I collected my results, I missed my insurance by one grade but my ucas still says conditional, I've rang the university but the man I spoke to said that the admissions team would be sorting through applications and to keep refreshing track. I asked if I could ring them or anything and he said they wouldn't be answering phones or anything and just to sit and wait but I'm worried it will take forever and I might miss clearing places? Any advice please I'm so scared

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    I collected my results, I missed my insurance by one grade but my ucas still says conditional, I've rang the university but the man I spoke to said that the admissions team would be sorting through applications and to keep refreshing track. I asked if I could ring them or anything and he said they wouldn't be answering phones or anything and just to sit and wait but I'm worried it will take forever and I might miss clearing places? Any advice please I'm so scared

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah, that sucks. There's no point in refreshing UCAS constantly though as it only updates periodically. The next update should probably be around midday. Nobody will be able to input a Clearing choice until 5pm so don't worry about that too much, there will still be places!

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I suppose you've got your results by now. If you've missed the offer for your insurance as well. Call them up, they might accept you! Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    I've been there, and it saying conditional is good. They haven't said no. Since you've already rang them the best course of action would be to ring them again just before 5. That's when they made the decision to say yes to me and also to a few people I knew.

I panicked and rang a bunch of clearing unis explaining I hadn't got my insurance grades and didn't think they'd let me in, and was offered clearing places. You can do that if you like as a kind of backup, but I wouldn't advise it since I got myself stressed over nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sneha.vag)
    I suppose you've got your results by now. If you've missed the offer for your insurance as well. Call them up, they might accept you! Good luck.
    Missed my insurance offer by one grade but still says conditional I rang them and the man said there was really nothing he can do because the admissions team would be considering loads of applications and I'd just have to wait until track updated. Going to be an awful day!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpringNicht)
    I've been there, and it saying conditional is good. They haven't said no. Since you've already rang them the best course of action would be to ring them again just before 5. That's when they made the decision to say yes to me and also to a few people I knew.

I panicked and rang a bunch of clearing unis explaining I hadn't got my insurance grades and didn't think they'd let me in, and was offered clearing places. You can do that if you like as a kind of backup, but I wouldn't advise it since I got myself stressed over nothing.
    Thank you this has made me feel a bit better! I've sent them an email explains why I want to do this course and how much I like the uni and that I was only a few marks off my grade and got an A in my final exam but I just don't know if it'll make any difference the worst part is just sitting here waiting.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Missed my insurance offer by one grade but still says conditional I rang them and the man said there was really nothing he can do because the admissions team would be considering loads of applications and I'd just have to wait until track updated. Going to be an awful day!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They should have helped you out because sometimes the reason Track doesn't update because the uni may have already made their decision but have failed to inform UCAS. I hope your Track updates soon The next update will be around midday so I think you should wait till then and see whether they've accepted you.

Also, to convince the insurance uni, you could try giving them your UMS marks if you missed your offer by a small margin since most unis only receive your module grades and the overall grade. Good luck x

ReputationRep:
    Thank you this has made me feel a bit better! I've sent them an email explains why I want to do this course and how much I like the uni and that I was only a few marks off my grade and got an A in my final exam but I just don't know if it'll make any difference the worst part is just sitting here waiting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No problem! I do think they might have a bit of leniency considering you only being a few marks off. What/where is it you're waiting for them on?

ReputationRep:
    They should have helped you out because sometimes the reason Track doesn't update because the uni may have already made their decision but have failed to inform UCAS. I hope your Track updates soon The next update will be around midday so I think you should wait till then and see whether they've accepted you.

Also, to convince the insurance uni, you could try giving them your UMS marks if you missed your offer by a small margin since most unis only receive your module grades and the overall grade. Good luck x
    I've sent my ums mark etc in an email because that's all the man on the phone said he could do but I don't even know if they'll get to read it before they make a decision. I just don't know how long I'm supposed to wait? Thank you so much for your help x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No problem! I do think they might have a bit of leniency considering you only being a few marks off. What/where is it you're waiting for them on?
    I'm just sat refreshing UCAS which seems so useless especially as I haven't had a chance to speak to them how long am I meant to wait?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've sent my ums mark etc in an email because that's all the man on the phone said he could do but I don't even know if they'll get to read it before they make a decision. I just don't know how long I'm supposed to wait? Thank you so much for your help x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't know if telling them about your UMS marks but I thought it would help swing the decision in your favor. I wish you best of luck I'm sure you'll get in. Do let me know what your insurance offer says.

Also, in the meantime you can have a look at the clearing lists and look at the unis that offer the course you want to do. You can start doing a little research about the uni itself and what makes their course suitable for you. Some unis can ask you why you want to do that particular course at that particular uni. You can PM me, if you need help with the research I'd be happy to help you x

ReputationRep:
    I'm just sat refreshing UCAS which seems so useless especially as I haven't had a chance to speak to them how long am I meant to wait?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't refresh UCAS until about 12 - anything they send won't come through until UCAS updates which they won't until then. If you still haven't heard then, ring at about 5. It's awful I know - mine had a phone line but they just kept saying "Ring back at 11/2/5" and eventually at 5pm I got the lovely line "I'm happy to tell you that you'll be starting in october" when she ran off to check what was going on with my application and all was well.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if telling them about your UMS marks but I thought it would help swing the decision in your favor. I wish you best of luck I'm sure you'll get in. Do let me know what your insurance offer says.

Also, in the meantime you can have a look at the clearing lists and look at the unis that offer the course you want to do. You can start doing a little research about the uni itself and what makes their course suitable for you. Some unis can ask you why you want to do that particular course at that particular uni. You can PM me, if you need help with the research I'd be happy to help you x
    Thanks so much for your help, I will let you know what they decide! X

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Don't refresh UCAS until about 12 - anything they send won't come through until UCAS updates which they won't until then. If you still haven't heard then, ring at about 5. It's awful I know - mine had a phone line but they just kept saying "Ring back at 11/2/5" and eventually at 5pm I got the lovely line "I'm happy to tell you that you'll be starting in october" when she ran off to check what was going on with my application and all was well.
    The thing is, the number they give me to ring seems to just be people answering the phone who can't actually see or have any impact on my application and cant give me any information so I don't really know what to say! I just don't know how long I'm meant to sit and wait.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks so much for your help, I will let you know what they decide! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
    All right. Again, good luck

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.