Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello to everyone reading this.
    I am an AS level student just about to start my A-level and I got the biggest shock of my life as I got my grades. My predicted grades were quite good since I worked really hard as per AABC (Economics,Accounting,Psychology and Math). But my actual grades were something like C in Accounting, D in Psychology, E in Economics and U in Math. I honestly dont know what to do since I was aiming to apply to Kings, LSE and Warwick and couple others. But I am planning to resit all my subjects in OCT and also carry on with my alevels. Now I was told I cant give my better grade to UCAS I need to tell them both my grades and Im wondering if this will eliminate and impact my chances of getting into any of the top universities Im looking into. Id really appreciate if people can give me some feedback. Its pretty much a life ending situation for me.

ReputationRep:
    Can you resit any of those subjects in the January period, or is Gove's 'exams in June only' rule now in effect?

You can put down the better grade, providing you have actually achieved a better grade.
    The only way to do that would be to do resits in January (if possible), get results something like late February or early March, and rely on your chosen unis still having places available at that late stage.

In the mean time, can you afford getting any remarks or clerical checks on your scripts?

ReputationRep:
    I would opt for getting a recheck in the case if lets say I got a B for Econ. Since Econ is my passion and I worked really hard for it it makes no sense to me or my teachers how my grades went so low. Literally. So for them to give me a B or a From E is quite impossible so its pointless.
    Since Im doing CIE psychology, econ and accounting I will sit for the OCT/NOV sessions so that I get my results by jan hopefully improved and than I can send those with my applications but I was told I can hide the fact that its my second go or I get sued and If I tell them it basically eliminates most chances of me getting into accepted cause it questions my ability.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Definitely talk to your school to see whether a check or remark is appropriate !

I did English AS and I was given a C and after a remark it came back an A.
    At my A2 Philosophy, I was given a low A and after remark it came back an A*.

ReputationRep:
    Alright thank you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.