The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Freshers 2013 Megathread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Selym95
Still not received my welcome booklet :frown:

hey Myles, did you get in through adjustment or clearing? It says on the website that they send them off mid September anyway so I guess it's not uncommon to not have it yet :smile: You can get it online anyway so it's not a big deal. Have you ever received any post or e-mails from Warwick?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 421
I got into Warwick via clearing- I have not received anything from them yet! UCAS has been updated, should I call Warwick admin up? I am waiting to do my enrolment but without my ID nbr unable to submit it !
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 422
anyone commuting?
Original post by JoeQin
Hey everyone!!This is Joe and I will be studying management this year in Warwick!! Any mates???!!!! So excited about the upcoming first year and just can't wait any more!!!:biggrin:

Being an international student, I have to arrive on Sunday morning because of my flight issue... A bit worried that I may not have enough time for the unpacking and getting around in uni!!! Another concern is that I am really afraid when I arrived, the cupboard may have been filled up already and no room for mine:sad:!!(I choose rootes as first choice...) And ... what should I do if I arrive earlier than 9.30??? cause my plane arrive at Heathrow like around 5!!!!

P.S. REALLY GOOD THREAD, THANK YOU Nirgilis!!!

I'll be arriving on Sunday too, and the stuff inside won't be that much of a problem. You might get one of the more inconvenient cupboards, but there isn't that much size variation. In terms of times, yeah, you might have to wait around fr a while.
Reply 424
Original post by hello calum
hey Myles, did you get in through adjustment or clearing? It says on the website that they send them off mid September anyway so I guess it's not uncommon to not have it yet :smile: You can get it online anyway so it's not a big deal. Have you ever received any post or e-mails from Warwick?

You used my first name, that is a rarity on TSR! :biggrin:

Ah, that explains it; I just saw a few people receive them and become curious.

Yes, I have received slightly too many emails from Warwick over the whole UCAS process - Ha-ha.

Thanks for the help!
Original post by Selym95
Any prospective Philosophy students here? :smile:

*frantic waves*
Reply 426
Woo, am happy to have finally got my offer confirmed!
I think the main topic we should be discussing here is how we will be able to play GTA 5 at uni? :wink:

I haven't played a console in years and don't game that often but an exception needs to be made for this game.
Original post by Selym95
You used my first name, that is a rarity on TSR! :biggrin:

I guess I'm just really clever :smug:
Original post by Ryan Gregg
I think the main topic we should be discussing here is how we will be able to play GTA 5 at uni? :wink:

I haven't played a console in years and don't game that often but an exception needs to be made for this game.

Is it common for people to bring TVs/games consoles to uni?

I hadn't even thought about bringing mines along :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 4mar_ar5en4l
Is it common for people to bring TVs/games consoles to uni?

I hadn't even thought about bringing mines along :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

From what I've seen, it's common to bring those things as well as DVD players, Blu-ray players, keyboards, electronic drum kits, real drum kits, electric guitars and amps... I've seen all of those things.
Reply 431
Original post by FrustratedGirl
Hahah! Have you been watching the 'Ancient Greece' programme by Dr Michael Scott? - Do you think he'll teach us?

The theatre one? I thought it was really interesting, what did you think? :smile: I think he might do. He was there on the open day and I spoke to him (he's a really nice guy :tongue: ) and he teaches some of the modules so I think it depends what we choose but he'll probably teach some :smile:
Original post by Callum17
The theatre one? I thought it was really interesting, what did you think? :smile: I think he might do. He was there on the open day and I spoke to him (he's a really nice guy :tongue: ) and he teaches some of the modules so I think it depends what we choose but he'll probably teach some :smile:

Haha! Yup, I also found it interesting! It is quite funny to SEE someone you have met and maybe will know on t.v lol. I just hope we get taught really well! I'm an auditory learner, - I cannot be bothered writing anything down. I.Am.So.Going.To.Find.It.So.Hard. - I might be sneaking off with your notes often :tongue:
Reply 433
Original post by matt2k8
You should be fine for cupboard space; most people are careful to only take their fair share, and if not just ask someone who's taking up too much to scale down - if you don't want to approach them yourself, just talk to your resident tutor about it.

You might end up having to wait around a couple of hours for your key if you arrive that early unfortunately.

Original post by BlueSam3
I'll be arriving on Sunday too, and the stuff inside won't be that much of a problem. You might get one of the more inconvenient cupboards, but there isn't that much size variation. In terms of times, yeah, you might have to wait around fr a while.

Thank you very much!!! I may just visit around the campus first haha!!
I got a remark and my grade went up, I had already met my offer but should I let Warwick know about the change?
Reply 435
Has anyone heard about whether their accommodation choice has been accepted?
Original post by Zunari
Has anyone heard about whether their accommodation choice has been accepted?

Undergrads won't hear until around two weeks before the term starts.
Reply 437
Original post by Pterodactyl
I got a remark and my grade went up, I had already met my offer but should I let Warwick know about the change?

Yeah, why not? It won't affect your application, but it's good to make your university aware of any updates.
What happens with ordering items online like clothes and stuff? Is there a designated area at the uni you can pick deliveries up at?
Reply 439
Hi, everyone! I'm excited to be studying Physics at Warwick.

Does anyone know how the internet works in halls. Is there WiFi, or should I be bringing an Ethernet cable? If there's no WiFi are you allowed to bring your own router?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending