The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Freshers 2013 Megathread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 960
Original post by Selym95
You've probably answered this a million times, but what is the situation with the NUS cards, and which one to get?

Your university card is your NUS membership card. This is opt out, so can get you into all union and NUS events. Your NUS Extra card (costs £12) is your ''student discount'' card. Buy that, enter University of Warwick and your uni number (the 7 digit one starting in 13) when prompted and it'll be delivered to the SU. You'll be able to pick this up from a dedicated stand in the freshers fair :smile:

Also, regarding when to apply/pay for societies. is this all done in freshers or is it recommended to do it before (no idea how we do this)?

I would say wait before applying to join societies and sports :smile: . All the first sessions are free, so you can see whether you actually enjoy the society, plus, you can see whether you actually have time for them! :h: . You can then buy memberships and socs fed at the societies fair (Wed/Thurs Week 1) or online at any time or SUHQ at any time :h:

You deserve a medal, Nirgilis!!

Tis not a problem, really! :smile: . I just hope you guys have fun! :h:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 961
Original post by Selym95
You're probably right! Ha, I just can't imagine going out on my own and just going up to people. Ah, there is a first time for everything i guess!

Same, but I figure that Freshers is the most socially acceptable time there'll ever be to do it...
Reply 962
Original post by Nirgilis
Your university card is your NUS membership card. This is opt out, so can get you into all union and NUS events. Your NUS Extra card (costs £12) is your ''student discount'' card. Buy that, enter University of Warwick and your uni number (the 7 digit one starting in 13) when prompted and it'll be delivered to the SU. You'll be able to pick this up from a dedicated stand in the freshers fair :smile:

You can get it delivered to your house, I just received mine today :smile:
Reply 963
Original post by Naami
You can get it delivered to your house, I just received mine today :smile:

Ah, didn't know that :h: . Thanks! I've had both of mine delivered to the SU and can't remember the application process! :tongue:
Reply 964
where do we find our student id number beginning with 13??

Oh wait, im guessing this is that one that we needed to do our enrolment and everything.

Correct me if I'm wrong guys! It's for the lloyds NUS extra card, it says enter your university card number, im guessing that's not our student id number?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 965
Original post by Zeegie
where do we find our student id number beginning with 13??

Oh wait, im guessing this is that one that we needed to do our enrolment and everything.

Correct me if I'm wrong guys! It's for the lloyds NUS extra card, it says enter your university card number, im guessing that's not our student id number?

It is the same, yep :yep:

It will be 1301234 for example :h:
Reply 966
Original post by mypride
OMG, this is confusing,,,I definitely transfer the correct amount of money to the Uni... but in "Student Finance", it says they received 6 pounds less than what it suppose to be...What happen?

Most likely bank fees have been deducted from the original amount. I suppose you've transferred it from a foreign bank account with "shared" fees?
Reply 967
Original post by grt
Most likely bank fees have been deducted from the original amount. I suppose you've transferred it from a foreign bank account with "shared" fees?

Yep...
Reply 968
I was wondering, for the WSC Movie Pub Quiz on the 8th, is it an individual quiz or do we have to hope some of our hall friends have tickets as well for a team? :tongue:
Reply 969
Don't believe all the freshers passes are sold out already :redface:

Will you still be able to buy individual tickets at the door or is this risky and should I buy the ones I want now (particulary interested in the vegas one)
Original post by jtb100
Don't believe all the freshers passes are sold out already :redface:

Will you still be able to buy individual tickets at the door or is this risky and should I buy the ones I want now (particulary interested in the vegas one)

There was a message on the Facebook page saying that there is only a small number of tickets left for the Vegas party so I would buy it quickly if you want to go!
Reply 971
Are people going to the welcome party on the 28th or 29th? I arrive on the 28th but am unsure if it's best to wait until the 29th when everyone has arrived. 29th might be a bigger night? :/
Reply 972
Why did I think this thread was called "Warwick Virgins Megathread 2013..."
Original post by Selym95
Are people going to the welcome party on the 28th or 29th? I arrive on the 28th but am unsure if it's best to wait until the 29th when everyone has arrived. 29th might be a bigger night? :/

If you pay an extra £3 or £5 (can't remember which) you can go to both nights.
Reply 974
Original post by oscarw2
Thanks, I'm in New Rootes

Could you explain how you got to know which block of Rootes you're in? I followed the instructions given by the other poster but still couldn't find out which one I'll be living in.
Original post by Hootie*
Is anybody thinking of joining Simplygym in Cannon Park? I figured since I'll be in Westwood it could be almost easier to get to than the uni gym. I also heard the university gym can get a bit congested. Anybody have any experience with either gym?

Experience of both. Depends highly on what you want to do. The uni gym weights area is so crowded its borderline unusable for most of the time. Cardio equipment it depends- running machines can get really busy as well as the cross trainers/ellipticals but there are usually always a few rowers/bikes available.

On the other hand at simply gym there is always plenty of cardio equipment. The weights area is also MUCH quieter most of the time, however as a female you might find it intimidating- there are a lot of very big guys (several times I've overheard people casually discussing their steroid cycles) and as such there are pretty much no females ever in there (though it is a mixed gender area). There is also a female only cardio zone which I don't approve of but whatever.
Reply 976
It is the same, yep :yep:

It will be 1301234 for example :h:

Thank you :smile: i'm only confused because another person I know has an id beginning with 12 and they're coming this yr!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 977
Original post by Zeegie
Thank you :smile: i'm only confused because another person I know has an id beginning with 12 and they're coming this yr!

Your university number is assigned when Warwick receives your application. Therefore, if the number starts with 12, they either deferred their entry from last year or have retaken the year :yep:
Original post by hello1236
Could you explain how you got to know which block of Rootes you're in? I followed the instructions given by the other poster but still couldn't find out which one I'll be living in.
Here you go:

Go to your email that says you have accepted your accom. offer

Follow the link in the email to view your accepted offer

Follow a link on this page to "arrival instructions"

This link should open a .PDF document. Scroll through this document and you should find that big grey sign with your block.

:smile:
Reply 979
Your university number is assigned when Warwick receives your application. Therefore, if the number starts with 12, they either deferred their entry from last year or have retaken the year :yep:

Ahhh that makes sense, thank you :smile: !

Quick Reply

Latest