The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I got 607 tonnes, I kinda guessed though, I found the rest pretty good, what did you put for the diagram about measuring the oxygen in the air?
Reply 2
That was hard!

I did reasonably well throughout the paper, but then the question on % of oxygen in air! I just guessed some apparatus by burning magnesium in a vile, but the actual answer involves passing air over copper while heating it.

I must say that is the hardest in the last 4 years practice papers by far!

BTW I got 606 tonnes on the Ammonia question and 0.55 on the one about the headache tablet.
What did everybody get for the amout of C02 given off from the tablet.
Reply 4
0.55grams of CO2
damn got that wrong, i got 0.4, was the reason the c02 sped up the reaction was becuase it caused the particles to move faster and therefore collide more often?
Reply 6
man that was hard....... the only question i didnt answer was that oxygen in the air thing where you have to draw..... i didnt even learnt it !!

we had sum stupid teacher in year 10.....oh well.. i'm sure i'll get a pass :wink:
Reply 7
REMEMBER everyone if most of us found it hard..(which we do) then everyone else in the whole UK must of found it hard...therefore OCR will reduce the grade boundaries and it will be easier to get a higher grade :smile:
Reply 8
I found it quite easy overall, but having said that I'm hoping for low grade boundaries regardless - I want to be sure of an A*! :smile:

I also found it got easier as it went on, strangely..

edit: I got 0.55g of CO2 and 606(.134..) tonnes on the haber process question.
Reply 9
hmmm...i found it harder as it went on...
Reply 10
ahh it was one of those odd ones! i found it ok...buh i neva rite whats on the schemes so..:s...neone hazard a guess about the boundary for this one??
Reply 11
A personal guess.. I'd say it'd be about 75% A*, 65% A, 55% B.

But I'm probably miles off!
Reply 12
Lol..yeah im thinking around the same...thats not too bad u know...i mean to lose 25 marks is quite a lot
I thought it was quite easy. I got that oxygen experiment thing!!! Yeh, I also got 0.55, and 607....best not to worry guys! History tomorrow!

Amrou
I found it really hard, and definitely lost marks on the calculations... But never mind. Hopefully the grade boundaries will be quite low!
are you lot talking about the double paper or the triple award one, cos i did the triple paper and got asked all the questions mentioned on this thead.

i thought the paper was a killer, there goes all hope i had of scraping an A...i did attempt to answer every question though
Reply 16
i know ive got an A*
i just know it
97 % alteast
I thought it was pretty easy. I reckon i got in the 90% range but there were some questions which i just did not know about like diffferences between diamond and fullerene.
Aggressive revolutionary!
I thought it was pretty easy. I reckon i got in the 90% range but there were some questions which i just did not know about like diffferences between diamond and fullerene.

i swear we didnt even cover that in class well apart from the graphite bit, i remember glancing over that bit in the cgp book not that that helped:mad:
the whole question was worth like 10 freakin marks as well:mad:
Reply 19
Wezzo
A personal guess.. I'd say it'd be about 75% A*, 65% A, 55% B.

But I'm probably miles off!

Last year it was 70% to get an A* and highly doubt that it will be higher than that this year, this paper was harder than last year's but I think I very well indeed.

I got 0.55 grams for the first question and then 607.14 for the Ammonia Question (mine was triple science, not sure if all the questions were the same)

Latest