The Student Room Group

1 mark off a B, already accepted, remark ?

I'm one ums off a B in geography :angry:

I got lower than my offers but still have been accepted into my firm and insurance choice.

For my firm they wanted a C in chemistry and 160 points from geography and psychology. I got C (1 ums off a B) in geography and Ds (middle of UMS range for D) in chemistry and psychology. So do you think they basically counted my geography as a B and were lenient with me? In which case if I get a remark and get less UMS can they withdraw my offer even if I still have a C overall?

Is it worth getting a remark? I know there's always going to be people who miss out a grade by 1 UMS but it feels so harsh :frown:

I was lucky in the geography exams. In the skills paper I got an A and that was after blagging one of the two essay questions because we hadnt been taught it ! I got a B in one of the AS exams last year, I retook the other and now have a C (was D) in it. I also have a C in the bigger of the two A2 papers. So have ABCC and 279 UMS.

:angry:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by nic-nac

I got lower than my offers but still have conditionals from my firm and insurance choice.

For my firm they wanted a C in chemistry and 160 points from geography and psychology. I got C (1 ums off a B) in geography and Ds (middle of UMS range for D) in chemistry and psychology. So do you think they basically counted my geography as a B and were lenient with me? In which case if I get a remark and get less UMS can they withdraw my offer even if I still have a C overall?

Is it worth getting a remark? I know there's always going to be people who miss out a grade by 1 UMS but it feels so harsh :frown:

I was lucky in the geography exams. In the skills paper I got an A and that was after blagging one of the two essay questions because we hadnt been taught it ! I got a B in one of the AS exams last year, I retook the other and now have a C (was D) in it. I also have a C in the bigger of the two A2 papers. So have ABCC and 279 UMS.

If your unis haven't decided about you yet, you need to get in touch with them straight away.

If neither will take you (or are keeping you on ice for the moment) then you should talk to your tutors about asking for a priority re-mark, and let both unis know you are doing this.
Original post by nic-nac

I got lower than my offers but still have conditionals from my firm and insurance choice.

I'm confused, you say that you've been accepted? You aren't accepted until your Track statuses change to Unconditional

Fyi you can't get marked down if you get a paper remarked This seems to have changed with at least some exam boards, so you should check with your teacher
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Architecture-er
I'm confused, you say that you've been accepted? You aren't accepted until your Track statuses change to Unconditional

Fyi you can't get marked down if you get a paper remarked :smile:

my friend got his economics paper remarked last year...went from an A to a C :s-smilie:
Original post by NikoB
my friend got his economics paper remarked last year...went from an A to a C :s-smilie:

Really..? What exam board?

I've never known anyone to lose marks in a remark. Maybe the paper itself can be marked lower but you can choose which result to accept, was he forced to stick with the C?
Original post by TenOfThem
No, it is with all boards

Note, the bit you have quoted relates to re-sits not re-marks

A typo on TSR's behalf then, it's under a question pertaining to remarks, not resits
Original post by TenOfThem
Before deciding to request a re-mark we’d recommend you speak to your teacher. They may have additional information on how you performed during your assessment and be able to provide you with guidance.
The majority of re-mark requests do not result in a change to a grade, simply because the re-mark has shown that the original grade was accurate. However, it is possible that your grade could go up, go down or stay the same. If your grade goes down, you cannot reject the re-mark and go back to the original grade - the only way to improve your grade would be to resit the exam.

This is what Edexcel say - pretty standard though

Damn, you'd better amend the wiki then, good shout
Reply 8
Original post by Minerva
If your unis haven't decided about you yet, you need to get in touch with them straight away.

If neither will take you (or are keeping you on ice for the moment) then you should talk to your tutors about asking for a priority re-mark, and let both unis know you are doing this.

Fyi you can't get marked down if you get a paper remarked This seems to have changed with at least some exam boards, so you should check with your teacher

[h="3"] Your status[/h]Congratulations! Your place at University of Portsmouth P80 for Marine Environmental Science F912 has been confirmed.
so I'm in.
Reply 9
Really..? What exam board?

I've never known anyone to lose marks in a remark. Maybe the paper itself can be marked lower but you can choose which result to accept, was he forced to stick with the C?

WJEC will remove marks if the remark came out lower.
Original post by nic-nac
so I'm in.

Congratulations dude, well done :borat:

So you're wanting to do a remark despite already getting into your place? Personally I wouldn't since no-one cares about A-levels once you have your degree, it's just like GCSEs :lol:
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending