Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I got 4 A's and a B ar higher SQA and I want to do medicine do I have a chance?

ReputationRep:
    Expert advice (not from me!) says yes, but I'll move you over to medicine forum

(Original post by Someone.I.am)
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Relax, there are still options available. You may find this page: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...ttish_Students useful
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Penguinsaysquack)
    Relax, there are still options available. You may find this page: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...ttish_Students useful
    Still options out there? Pssht! She qualifies for loads of medical schools, and every Scottish one except Glasgow. Options is an understatement.

Lots of people in my year got AAAAB! It's not the end of the road, and not doom and gloom. You still have a great chance: now it's time to make sure the rest of your application is up to scratch.

I got AAAAA, and got 4 rejections. Lots of my friends got AAAAB and got way more offers than me. One of them even got 3 offers!

ReputationRep:
    You'll be fine! Just remember to apply strategically - forget Edinburgh, they're pretty backwards and are absolutely obsessed with grades over everything else.

I had a friend who got in to Keele with AAABB, so consider there as well. You've still got a good chance, so just make sure all other aspects of your application are strong and you will be sailing!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Of course you stand a chance! There's LOADS of options for you. You haven't ruined your career. Breathe

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.