Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am an International student and have received a conditional offer from UCL a while back. I have obtained a higher average than they required me to do so and have send my qualifications via Portico on July 23 and received an email on August 1 which states the following:

"Thank you for providing evidence of your qualifications. We have now verified all your qualifications. When a final decision is made on your application it will be displayed on the Programme Home Page."

I am wondering why there is such a huge delay? Because I have no idea whats going on...

ReputationRep:
    It's worth giving them a ring and asking what's up, but it's likely just an admin delay.

I'd wait until next week to do it though as the lines will be really busy with A level undergraduate candidates.

ReputationRep:
    Call the university if you can, otherwise give them a call.

It's unusual that they received your grades such a while back and still haven't made your position unconditional.

Rest assured, though, that as you have surpassed their requirements you will be accepted.

But if I were you I really would call them to get the ball rolling a bit faster. If you're abroad and that would be too expensive, send them an email - it will take a little longer but it will show them that you do want the place and you are keen to hear from them regarding it soon.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.