Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I got some Max Factor Masterpiece mascara yesterday for my ball thinking it should be good at £9, and it's bloody useless. Clumpy and doesn't lengethen at all. Gah. Anybody know any better ones that aren't more than a tenner?!

ReputationRep:
    yeh id try the maybelline intense xxl volume + length. I am not sure on the price but it is definately under a tenner

ReputationRep:
    I dunno if this is jsut me but mascaras in general tend to be **** when you first use them anyway coz they are just so liquidy. When they start to clump a bit after a couple of weeks, you get a better effect (that isnt clumpy itslef), if that makes sense

ReputationRep:
    maybelline great lash is the worlds best selling mascara and its an absolute bargain at about a fiver. its the best ive ever used.

ReputationRep:
    i use maybelline lash stylist and that is just CRAP. it makes my eyelashes look clumpy and fake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fairygirl21)
    i use maybelline lash stylist and that is just CRAP. it makes my eyelashes look clumpy and fake.
    is that not the point?:confused:

ReputationRep:
    I thought the MaxFactor Masterpiece was really nice! it really did justice to my poker straight short lashes!

I recommend Lancome's Hypnose mascara...really lengthens your lashes and adds volume to make your lashes look alluring

ReputationRep:
    dont get Borgeous Coup de Theatre...made no difference to mine...a rip off a 8 quid !

ReputationRep:
    I like the Maybelline/Loreal one with the white base and then black over the top.

Failing that, the Tescos ones are really good.

*joanna* is this the "memoirs of a geisha" mascara with the fancy wand *love marketing* ring the number on the packaging and tell them you're not happy with the product. They might refund you the money....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icklehc)
    maybelline great lash is the worlds best selling mascara and its an absolute bargain at about a fiver. its the best ive ever used.
    yeah thats great, I use that in combination with the rimmel one in the red tube (lol cant be bothered to go look whats its called) and theyre both brilliant and cheap!

ReputationRep:
    I also found that the Max Factor masterpiece was rubbish! I now use No7 - Full Impact and it's really good, Good luck finding a good one!

ReputationRep:
    Well, it is Max Factor. Don't expect too much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icklehc)
    i think i might get this next time i need a mascara...

at the mo, im using the bourjois black/white one - not the coup de theatre, the other one,

and i'm also giving 3 miss sporty mascaras a go, cause they were on offer for £1.99. i've only used the lengthening one so far, it's alrite, not great..

i had the great lash mascara as one of my first mascaras, good few year ago now, can't remember what it was like tho!

ReputationRep:
    Im incredibally cheap when it comes to mascara, cause I keep like one in every possible area e.g. 2 in car, 2 in each bag I own etc. The best one I have is my Miss Sporty Waterproof. Its ****ing amazingly thick and like big!

ReputationRep:
    i bought a Max Factor Mascara from boots for £7 and like you i wasnt impressed at all. the mascara did not deliver any thickeness or volume to my eye lashes. alll it did was make my eye lashes clump togethor and cause alot of smudging. as well as this it didnt do what it was designed for and i have only had it for 2 months and its starting to dry out..

ReputationRep:
    It depends what type of effect you're going for. Personally like my lashes to look a little clumpy, so it looks like ur actually wearing some. I've got the loreal volume shocking one but it gives clump overload

So I usually nick my sisters which is the masterpiece one, I thought it was quite good.
    Have also got the bourgeois 2 way one, not coup de theatre and its brill, but doesn't last that long.

ReputationRep:
    Its more expensive than a tenner but i love the estee lauder magnascopic and iv had people ask if i had false eyelashes on when i was wearing it which i took as a good thing the only other one i rate is no 7 full impact, the first time i wore it i felt like id got flase lashes on, they felt so long and thick!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gossip_girl)
    is that not the point?:confused:
    yeah thats what i thought, i mean the adverts on tv practically have fake eyelashes on so i assumed thats what you wanted from a mascara, hence the fact that i dont wear it unless its clear.

ReputationRep:
    You could get some fake eye lashes for less than a tenner. That could work.

ReputationRep:
    Well I spent £9 (I think) on loreal lash architect and I have to say I wasn't particularly impressed. its a bit nothingy and doesn't really thicken or lengthen my lashes which considering it claims to give you a fake lash look, i was expecting. In the end I went and bought a rimmel one that was reduced to £3.33 and the loreal one sits unused on my dressing table

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.