Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Heyy
    I would like to do a Foundation Degree in Motorsport Engineering, so far the universitys i'm looking at are Derby and Oxford Brookes University, are there any other places that people would recomend?

ReputationRep:
    Are you looking at specifically "motorsport engineering" foundations, or just broader ones in "engineering" as a whole? Mechanical, motorsport and automotive engineering are closely linked, so a course doing those types of things will be perfectly valid, just make sure the university you want to go to accepts that qualification.

Coventry is rather good too, so you could check that out.

ReputationRep:
    Glyndwr University in Wrexham does a Foundation in Performance Car Technology which is pretty damn good. Alot of our engineering degrees work closely together in a number of subjects. (As you might imagine since that field has elements of mechanical, electrical, and even aeronautical) I did a foundation degree in Electrical, then (hons) and this year I'm going for masters. For Engineering Glyndwr is actually really good.
    Glyndwr has strong links with Toyota and Polybush and even have a Hybrid car given to them from Toyota to work on. So employability and links with these companies through the university are quite high. The facilities are good and since the classes are smaller than a huge university there is a LOT a hands-on and tutors will actually speak to you and help you out. You don't need to book an appointment for a half an hour sesh with your tutor, only to find out your tutors become busy and now you've got some tool who doesn't have a clue to help you. :rolleyes:
    FYI, don't think that because you have a foundation degree your prospects are lower, my friend came straight out of uni after FDEng and went straight into a 27k a year job with benefits so.. speaks for itself.

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou you have been very helpful

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.