Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mAnIaC)
    what did you guys draw for the last part on the first double page spread...

where you had to draw the line of the heavier ball on the graph???

I drew the line so that it was below the line of the lighter ball (because the heavier ball would take longer to accelerate)...but then - at point "P" - I made the line for the heavier ball overtake (go above) the line of the lighter ball (as once the ball has accelerated, it will travel at a faster speed)...

This right???
    I did it so that it was always below the printed graph line because it would be slower using a heavier object. I also did it so that it levelled off after the first graph line levelled off because it would take longer to land. Does anyone else agree?

ReputationRep:
    what did you guys draw for the last part on the first double page spread...

where you had to draw the line of the heavier ball on the graph???

I drew the line so that it was below the line of the lighter ball (because the heavier ball would take longer to accelerate)...but then - at point "P" - I made the line for the heavier ball overtake (go above) the line of the lighter ball (as once the ball has accelerated, it will travel at a faster speed)...

This right???
    i drew on the actual line itself because two objects fall at the same pace or something :confused:

ReputationRep:
    On the chem paper did everyone say that it was an igneous rock? Also that it cools down slower?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MayaIllusion)
    i drew on the actual line itself because two objects fall at the same pace or something :confused:
    objects only fall at the same rate/pace if there is no air present (i.e. no air resistance). This is why this happens when a feather and a hammer fall at the same rate on the moon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jmz300)
    objects only fall at the same rate/pace if there is no air present (i.e. no air resistance). This is why this happens when a feather and a hammer fall at the same rate on the moon.
    oh yeah... f*** it!!!!!!!!!!! i guess i have to do really well in the separate sciences on friday.. ..i already have 50% A*..looks like thats gone

ReputationRep:
    the most annoyin question was the one about the light in the bike reflecot.. i puut diffraction but then too late realised it was wrong.. wat did every1 put?? and also for the boilogy one on the pancreas- what were the 2 substances i think i put glucose n sumthin..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lil_miss_dreamer)
    the most annoyin question was the one about the light in the bike reflecot.. i puut diffraction but then too late realised it was wrong.. wat did every1 put?? and also for the boilogy one on the pancreas- what were the 2 substances i think i put glucose n sumthin..
    for the bike one i put reflection, and for the pancreas one i put glucose and oxygen, i think that is right but never know

ReputationRep:
    oh ye and what did people put for the question which said "where would the vein go next" i wrote heart but not sure about it, can anyone confirm?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by siddy_1990)
    for the bike one i put reflection, and for the pancreas one i put glucose and oxygen, i think that is right but never know
    Yeah...the one about the bike relector...it's total internal reflection...the pancreatic hormone is insulin...oh..and it's glucose and oxygen (for the capillary thing)...

"Siddy"...btw the organ is the heart!

ReputationRep:
    what was the secondary voltage for the transformer question. i got 76 or 77? anyone get the same thing?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah...the one about the bike relector...it's total internal reflection...the pancreatic hormone is insulin...oh..and it's glucose and oxygen (for the capillary thing)...

for the capillary thing i wrote amino acids and o2

ReputationRep:
    sorry to butt in lol what did you all put for the seed mass question on higher biology?

ReputationRep:
    that between 1-4 day the pant was using its food for growth aand for the second part i wrote that iot had leaves so it could photosynthesise and store excess gluscose.....[something along those lines anyway]

ReputationRep:
    I'm confused... have some of you done Physics already? I'm doing the Edexcel Science Double Award and I've only done Bio & Chem so far.

ReputationRep:
    yeah that's roughly what i put, it was more of an educated guess than anything we hadn't covered that

ReputationRep:
    then you must be doing different spec ???? cause it had to be today:confused:

ReputationRep:
    how does insecticide affect the environment?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FaTcUtEcHeKiEz)
    how does insecticide affect the environment?
    it can build up in the foodchain and kill the predators, or it can leak into lakes and stuf and make it posionous. one of them i think. i wrote the first reason (bujild up in the food chain)

ReputationRep:

Yay! I put total internal reflection for it as well, but the other questions were so confusing I didnt even know exactly what they wanted me to expalin. I also put insulin and glucose with oxygen (for the capillary thing) One question on biology, i didnt know was the one about the organ. I didnt have a clue so I put Liver, which I know is obviously wrong.

ReputationRep:
    well i put that insecticide can disrupt the food chain by killing a predators food source, and also could be poisonous to wildlife something like that.

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.