Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kris44)
    well i put that insecticide can disrupt the food chain by killing a predators food source, and also could be poisonous to wildlife something like that.
    ye you'll probz get the mark for it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by siddy_1990)
    it can build up in the foodchain and kill the predators, or it can leak into lakes and stuf and make it posionous. one of them i think. i wrote the first reason (bujild up in the food chain)
    cool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mysterious lady)
    Yay! I put total internal reflection for it as well, but the other questions were so confusing I didnt even know exactly what they wanted me to expalin. I also put insulin and glucose with oxygen (for the capillary thing) One question on biology, i didnt know was the one about the organ. I didnt have a clue so I put Liver, which I know is obviously wrong.
    i think it was the heart because veins take bloood to the heart :confused:

ReputationRep:
    The question about the bike reflector....

>
    > - this was kind of the diagram...at first I put the light just enters the top part goes down and comes out of the top part. But then I thought why would there be a bottom part aswell so I drew the line all the way down to reflect out of the bottom part. Anybody know the actual answer to this question? thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Big Stu)
    The question about the bike reflector....

>
    > - this was kind of the diagram...at first I put the light just enters the top part goes down and comes out of the top part. But then I thought why would there be a bottom part aswell so I drew the line all the way down to reflect out of the bottom part. Anybody know the actual answer to this question? thanks
    i drew the line going down and reflecting off the first 90degree bend then going back out again, im pretty confident what i did was right as i had revised that just an hour before the exam.

ReputationRep:
    that one was hard i think every1 got different answers.. n thanx to ppl who answered my question before- i go the same as what u put soo that kinda calmed me down lol
    gud luck

ReputationRep:
    hey you know the biology paper module 1 and 2. What did you get for the last question? the genetic crossing one

ReputationRep:
    what the one with the plants?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jmz300)
    I also got that answer - 4 Amps.

Damnnnn right !!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mAnIaC)
    Yeah...the one about the bike relector...it's total internal reflection...the pancreatic hormone is insulin...oh..and it's glucose and oxygen (for the capillary thing)...

"Siddy"...btw the organ is the heart!

Damnn righhttt!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by siddy_1990)
    it can build up in the foodchain and kill the predators, or it can leak into lakes and stuf and make it posionous. one of them i think. i wrote the first reason (bujild up in the food chain)
    #

Dammmnn righttt !!!!!!!11

ReputationRep:
    I found the chemistry and physics easy but the biology was well hard especially the gentic crossing question.But the boundaries should definately go down this year as they were way harder than the previous 2005 papers, I'm thinking about 20/30 in each paper for an A*,what do you think?

ReputationRep:
    i thought that the papers this year were easier than in previous years, except for the double physics paper.
    i agree that some boundaries should be lower - hopefully!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jmz300)
    i thought that the papers this year were easier than in previous years, except for the double physics paper.
    i agree that some boundaries should be lower - hopefully!
    i thought the grade boundarues stay roughly the same i.e 90% for A*; 80% for A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FaTcUtEcHeKiEz)
    i thought the grade boundarues stay roughly the same i.e 90% for A*; 80% for A
    These are the uniform boundaries, my friend. Last year we only need 21 to get an A* and 18 to get an A.

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.