Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I missed my firm so I have to go to uwe to study law. I have no idea what its like if its in actual city Bristol. I heard the law department is under bristol uni what exactly does that mean? are the people friendly I am convinced i will spend freshers alone in my room with a bottle of vodka

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vanessap)
    I missed my firm so I have to go to uwe to study law. I have no idea what its like if its in actual city Bristol. I heard the law department is under bristol uni what exactly does that mean? are the people friendly I am convinced i will spend freshers alone in my room with a bottle of vodka
    Hey,

I'm studying Computer Science in UWE on the Frenchay Campus. I believe that is also where your course will be based (I think it's the Law - LLB (Hons) Degree). You can find out information about that at this link. http://courses.uwe.ac.uk/M100/2013

I think that I will also spend my Freshers like that as well but with beer in hand haha

Oh and if you have Facebook, I would recommend that you join this group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/514148135308169/
    That will let you find possible classmates and room-mates.

Your welcome

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I'm just about to go into my third year at UWE studying Law LLB like yourself.

Firstly, you best be in for the time of your lives; stop worrying about not meeting people because everyone in Bristol is soo friendly. The city itself is amazing, has the best night life and there is so much **** to do even though most days (especially your first year) will consist of waking up at 7pm and going to bed at like 6am loooool. Amazing!

If i was you just make an effort with people on your course because these are the people that you will be most friendly with come the end of first year! It is really important. I've only just turned 20 and i'm in my third year which is mad considering it feels like i was in Cotswold Court (Student Village) yesterday.

I am also the president of the Poker society this year. Last year we had about 60 odd members and it was amazingly social!!!!! YOu should defo come along and meet me at the Freshers Fair and i'll give you the lowdown about UWE. Also the matters that should not be discussed on this forum :L LOLOL

But yeah just remember everyone is in the same boat and just forget who you were when you were at school and just become social and you will have the time of your life. If you have any questions just ask.

RESPECT! Dan Ginn UWE POKER PRESIDENTE!

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Im in the same situation!!! Such a nightmare. Looking forward to do law lob should be good though bristol is such a good city. What are you doing about accommodation?! I cant believe it's over subscribed by like 500 people!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by George-Oliver)
    Hey,

Im in the same situation!!! Such a nightmare. Looking forward to do law lob should be good though bristol is such a good city. What are you doing about accommodation?! I cant believe it's over subscribed by like 500 people!

I didnt know that. My firm still gave me an offer so I have to call uwe tomorrow when I am in clearing. I would just have to look at private accommodation then.

ReputationRep:
    I am sorry, does anyone know anything about the department of creative industries in UWE? I ve been accepted for the MA Graphic Arts, and now I have to choose if go there or at norwich (NUA). Do you have any suggestion? what I should choose?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.