Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I applied for a course at University Campus Oldham but last week the course got withdrawn due to lack of interest. Now I've found a course (University level) at The Manchester College and want to apply but there's no option for clearing on my UCAS Track page. I called the Manchester College and the tutor isn't in today so what do I do?

ReputationRep:
    Hi Harvmeister,

Don't worry, I would recommend that you call The Manchester College, I am sure they will have clearing hotline telephone number advertised on their website. Speak with them first, UCAS can come later.

Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harvmeister_)
    I applied for a course at University Campus Oldham but last week the course got withdrawn due to lack of interest. Now I've found a course (University level) at The Manchester College and want to apply but there's no option for clearing on my UCAS Track page. I called the Manchester College and the tutor isn't in today so what do I do?
    You can speak to UCAS to make sure you're released into Clearing.

The Manchester College's Clearing hotline is 0161 203 2100. Have you tried calling them on that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca-Sarah)
    You can speak to UCAS to make sure you're released into Clearing.

The Manchester College's Clearing hotline is 0161 203 2100. Have you tried calling them on that?
    Yes but they put me through to the wrong tutor then that tutor went to look for the right tutor but they weren't in and they'll call me when they are in.

I'm just worried that I won't get a place at a uni on time.

ReputationRep:
    Yes but they put me through to the wrong tutor then that tutor went to look for the right tutor but they weren't in and they'll call me when they are in.

Clearing runs for weeks, there's no absolute rush to confirm something today If you're really concerned, you could ring round other unis that you're interested in and see if they'd consider you?

ReputationRep:
    That's rather poor on the part of Manchester College. I would suggest also calling other universities to see where you get.

ReputationRep:
    Manchester, as a big university might end up with no places left given how many people want to go there especially if your course is popular or well taught there. You can be accepted to a course till the date of its beggining and even after this date if you talk with the right people and explain your situation. So there is no worries, you have time to sort it out .
    Nevertheless, they won't give you a place which belongs to someone else even if you have better grades so maybe you should also check smaller universities that have similar courses?

Oh, and do not wait for UCAS, try to contact universities directly,this way you are not one of the papers on the desk but actual person with unique story. You can explain everything concerning your situation straight away without any missunderstandings and as it is clearing now everyone in the admissions offices will be busy.

I hope that this will be helpful.

Edit: sorry about the Uni/College mistake. And Manchester may not have in thier policy to look at you without the number as madders94 said, but that may not happen in your case if they would want you because of your good results, everythg depends, you never know. Moreover, there should be other universities may consider you with out it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Svanevit)
    Manchester, as a big university might end up with no places left given how many people want to go there especially if your course is popular or well taught there. You can be accepted to a course till the date of its beggining and even after this date if you talk with the right people and explain your situation. So there is no worries, you have time to sort it out .
    Nevertheless, they won't give you a place which belongs to someone else even if you have better grades so maybe you should also check smaller universities that have similar courses?

Oh, and do not wait for UCAS, try to contact universities directly,this way you are not one of the papers on the desk but actual person with unique story. You can explain everything concerning your situation straight away without any missunderstandings and as it is clearing now everyone in the admissions offices will be busy.

I hope that this will be helpful.
    It's the Manchester College they're trying for, not Manchester University.

Also, many universities won't look at you through Clearing until you've contacted UCAS or your Firm and asked to be released, as they'll want a Clearing number to access your application, so to call up without the number could be wasting their time.

ReputationRep:

There are thousands of courses in clearing and the process runs for a few weeks yet. Don't panic.

You can also email the tutor at the university you are interested in as a back up.

Good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.