Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey Is anyone starting any courses in April 2014 at Edge Hill? Just got my results today and I've been accepted I'm due to start Child Nursing in April, and thought it would be nice if I could get to know a few people starting around the same time because it's like 6 months later xD Dont wanna feel left out of anything, haha!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I've moved this to the Edge Hill sub-forum, where you're more likely to get a response on it :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting in April to do adult nursing but we'll probably be in some of the same lectures

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luce101)
    I'm starting in April to do adult nursing but we'll probably be in some of the same lectures
    Hi I've also got in to April 2014 for adult nursing do u know what happens with accommodation for then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fifiarella)
    Hi I've also got in to April 2014 for adult nursing do u know what happens with accommodation for then?
    Yeah, I'm sure we'll be in the same lectures, especially in the first year

and for accommodation, I asked a while ago and edge hill told me that they'll contact us sometime in January

ReputationRep:
    Yay finally found some people! I went to a open day yesterday and asked about accommodation and term dates, they said we'll get given accomadation in around January and it could be with people from September but then we get relocated in September and go into our own hall for the year. And we found term dates out in around January too

ReputationRep:
    Aw yay! Haha so I'm not alone after all xD idk it just seems that there won't be as many people as in September so scared we'll miss out on tons of stuff in our first year! Hopefully not though, gonna do some research and stuff I'm so excited for April!

ReputationRep:
    So am I!! I want to know if we get a freshers in April, but I asked and the intake for September and April is the same

ReputationRep:
    Really?! So we won't be alone?! OMG yay hope we still get a freshers thing going on though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nope we wont be alone I hope we do get some sort of freshers!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I'm applying to study Children's Nursing, I'm just wondering if any of you had done any work experience before you applied?

ReputationRep:
    Same Luce! If not we'll make our own little freshens week haha

And hey lottem, I found it pretty hard to try and get into children's nursing as the course is so popular, but if you show that you're passionate about it you'll be fine. I did do voluntary work before I went to my interviews and got more into the process of it all but if you don't they'll ask you to do some sort anyways. The more the better! If you've done a lot of voluntary work at different places you'll have a leg up in the competition because you can show that you have experience with children. My opinion is just try to do as much as you can and make sure you put it all into your personal statement with what you've learnt from it and what it's taught you.
    Hope this helps!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Haha we'll definitely have too!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Thank you for the advice, I have applied to become a Weekend Community Carer and also applied for Voluntary work in Whiston Hospital in Prescot, Merseyside so hopefully this will help my application and I will hopefully be joining you guys in April

ReputationRep:
    Yay finally found some people! I went to a open day yesterday and asked about accommodation and term dates, they said we'll get given accomadation in around January and it could be with people from September but then we get relocated in September and go into our own hall for the year. And we found term dates out in around January too
    Thats great I'm really looking forward to going now. Yea I hope we get a freshers day or just have our own.

ReputationRep:
    We'll just have to put posters up everywhere guys, we're definitely not missing out! Haha, hopefully see you in April too Lottem!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Haha definitely not!! Do you live near here?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, ive created a facebook page for people doing adult nursing april 2014 ! hopefully well get to know each other on there before our course !

xx

ReputationRep:
    Hey what's the Facebook page called ill join the page if that's ok?

ReputationRep:
    Hey what's the Facebook page called ill join the page if that's ok?
    Hi yes, just search for edge hill adult nursing april 2014 !

xx

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.