Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

HELP! I want to change University after accepting an unconditional offer already. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, I've accepted an offer for a Uni for a Hons degree and also got all my finance in place, plus been accepted unconditionally. However I now want to change Universities and the course. What do I have to do? And will this effect my student finance or can it be easily transferred onto another course/Uni? I've been to an open day at the uni I want to transfer to, and also been told by the course leader that she welcomes my application to them; so I know there's a place for me; I'm just getting confused by clearing/adjustment etc. Can anyone help please? Many thanks in advance. xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by affinity80)
    Hi there, I've accepted an offer for a Uni for a Hons degree and also got all my finance in place, plus been accepted unconditionally. However I now want to change Universities and the course. What do I have to do? And will this effect my student finance or can it be easily transferred onto another course/Uni? I've been to an open day at the uni I want to transfer to, and also been told by the course leader that she welcomes my application to them; so I know there's a place for me; I'm just getting confused by clearing/adjustment etc. Can anyone help please? Many thanks in advance. xx
    You need to get on the phone straight away and contact the Uni whose unconditional offer you confirmed. Tell them that you want them to release you into Clearing. Then tell the University that's agreed to take you that you have done this. Then you must wait until Track shows that you have been released and that Clearing is an option. You will be given a special Clearing number which the new University needs from you before they can accept you. It would be especially good to note down exactly who at the new University made you an offer, and what they said. If they can email to confirm they will take you that is good as it means there's less chance of a misunderstanding

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by affinity80)
    You'd need to ask your uni to release you into Clearing, and then add your new uni as a Clearing choice after 5pm today. Student Finance can be quite easily transferred, but bear in mind that you might not be able to get accommodation at your new uni.

ReputationRep:
    hi thanks for the replies, I've managed to get sorted out. Because I only required a pass for my conditions of acceptance for my old uni, and I got a merit- I was able to apply via adjustment. One telephone interview later; and I've officially been offered a place at the new uni- so it's been a rather exciting day for me! Also student finance was just a matter of changing the course details online and they didn't require any further information so that was quite easy too. Thank you for your replies xx

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I wanting to do the same thing but I have yet not receive my grades and I have a unconditional offer as my firm and they have accepted me to their university but I don't not wanna go there anymore. I wanna change university not course, what should I do you think is the best. Please help me I'm lose in this!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi! Replying to the previous person, if you haven't got your grades yet, get straight on the phone to UCAS! And ask them when you'll get the grades

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.