Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I am looking to do Computing or Music Technology at Glyndwr, any advice or experiences of these courses at the university?

ReputationRep:
    Hi Hatter93, I'am currently studying Applied Computing at Glyndwr and have nothing but good things to say. I applied as a mature student and got onto a foundation degree which has now enabled me to go onto Creative Media Computing. The best thing about the studying is that because its not a huge uni you get lots on 1-on-1 tuition (the tutors are really relaxed and approachable) which was great for me as i had not studied computing before so i was starting from scratch. The town itself is just about right as there is enough of a social scene but not so big that its the type of place where you can get lost in a crowd. Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    I've never done these courses, but I study Theatre, TV and Performance at the university and I can tell you that it's a great place to live and study! On the part of Music Technology, you'll be at the Creative Industries Building, and the Creative Industries department of the university is fantastic - a new, purpose built building with Mac and Windows training suits, fitted with all the audio and video editing and processing software, and tons of industry opportunities

There's an open day this Saturday if you're interested - I'll be there, meeting new students. I'm a Facebook Ambassador for the university, you can follow me - https://www.facebook.com/maddymatthews94 to find out more about life as a student at Glyndwr, and to ask any questions if you have them. Also, all the information about the open day and clearing and the courses is on the Glyndwr website, www.glyndwr.ac.uk

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.