Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

All of my mates are switching courses =/ Watch

Announcements

So it's results day, and congratulations/commiserations to everybody who received them today.

My course is run semi-parralel to another course, the sister course being an Msc and mine a Bsc, if a student receives a 2:1 or above in the first year of my course they can switch to 1st year of the sister course.

Which is great, however, the majority of people that I'm friendly with (all but 3, I believe) were hoping to switch and have achieved the required grades.

I'm worried now that I'll drift apart from my coursemates since I will be in my second year and they won't, and since I fell out with my first year flatmates in halls I'm feeling concerned about making friends in second year.

Has anybody else experienced something like this?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So it's results day, and congratulations/commiserations to everybody who received them today.

My course is run semi-parralel to another course, the sister course being an Msc and mine a Bsc, if a student receives a 2:1 or above in the first year of my course they can switch to 1st year of the sister course.

Which is great, however, the majority of people that I'm friendly with (all but 3, I believe) were hoping to switch and have achieved the required grades.

I'm worried now that I'll drift apart from my coursemates since I will be in my second year and they won't, and since I fell out with my first year flatmates in halls I'm feeling concerned about making friends in second year.

Has anybody else experienced something like this?
    If your friends switch that doesn't mean you won't stay friends. And you could make new friends within your course? Maybe through societies? It can be difficult, I took a year out of my course and all my friends are now a year above me, so I made new ones

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.