The Student Room Group

Track: Who is still waiting?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Original post by velvetfeet
YEY...looks like a fun course, lovely gateway, especially for folks with non-standard qualifications etc :smile:

just for ...well i don't know why, i checked on clearing and there were H100 places showing as available on the telegraph site yesterday...

but it almost helps to know i'm not the only one from that course pulling out my hair...lol

Good luck and i hope you hear today... i plan on phoning again this afternoon to chase if i hadn't heard anything....don't think i'd survive the weekend on tentahooks!

Elly
xx

I just got an email through saying congratulations etc, but my track still hasn't updated :/ so I rang them up and the admissions administrator guy for civil and mech (Neil) is going to call me when he gets out of his meeting. Man I hope this means I'm in and not that they've just put me on the wrong mailing list. Have you got any emails yet?
Reply 261
Still waiting to be released, how long did it take everyone else?
Original post by Katty92
Still waiting to be released, how long did it take everyone else?

Got released and track updated today but ONLY because i spoke to someone higher up. I also made it clear that it was urgent and I was losing my offers from other universities.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 263
Original post by Infamous12
Got released and track updated today but ONLY because i spoke to someone higher up. I also made it clear that it was urgent and I was losing my offers from other universities.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you ask to be released today? The university have told me i will be released today but "it won't show on ucas until tomorrow"...sounds odd to me :confused: Where have you applied for?
Original post by Katty92
Did you ask to be released today? The university have told me i will be released today but "it won't show on ucas until tomorrow"...sounds odd to me :confused: Where have you applied for?

I actually asked early yesterday. They kept telling me "should be in a few hours time" then "tomorrow morning" and it didn't update this morning. I asked to speak to a supervisor and i got released in 15 mins.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 265
Original post by Infamous12
I actually asked early yesterday. They kept telling me "should be in a few hours time" then "tomorrow morning" and it didn't update this morning. I asked to speak to a supervisor and i got released in 15 mins.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just rang them and asked how long it would take and they said it could take a few days! If im not released by 3/4ish I am going to ask for a supervisor too, thanks for the advice!
Original post by Katty92
Just rang them and asked how long it would take and they said it could take a few days! If im not released by 3/4ish I am going to ask for a supervisor too, thanks for the advice!

No problem. Good luck, hopefully everything works out soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by al0
Have you had to call your unis and email them your scanned-in results? That's what I've had to do. Track still hasn't updated. I'm going to call my firm again at half 4.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've rang up my unis and they basically said they can't accept/reject without my grades. I've also rang other unis because I think I'll prob be rejected but they said they can't do anything without my grade either =/
Original post by Adam020
Pharmacy, but I messed up my exams and got BCC, so they said they are still considering it. You?

similar situation to me! biomedical science - but i messed up and got BCC too:frown:
Reply 269
Hi,

I got offered an unconditional place on a different course yesterday from my firm university because my grades weren't good enough for the course I wanted. I want to accept this offer but I cant until my insurance choice updates and it is worrying me because I don't want to lose my place.

If I ring up my insurance uni -Manchester Met, which number will it be, will it be the confirmation number?

Original post by Lora :)
Hi,

I got offered an unconditional place on a different course yesterday from my firm university because my grades weren't good enough for the course I wanted. I want to accept this offer but I cant until my insurance choice updates and it is worrying me because I don't want to lose my place.

If I ring up my insurance uni -Manchester Met, which number will it be, will it be the confirmation number?

If you want to accept the offer you don't have to wait for your insurance? If you can't accept it on track then give UCAS a call and explain what you want to do and they can work it manually for you.

The only reason to pester man met would be if you were thinking of rejecting the changed course offer and wanted reassurance that you'd have a place at your insurance.
I added my uni as a clearing choice last night but they haven't officially accepted it yet? (Though they did verbally accept me and sent me an email) :/ How long will it take? I have to apply for student visa asap which needs all the UCAS things and CAS letter etc because it takes a while to process!

thanks xx
Original post by igcsecrazy
I added my uni as a clearing choice last night but they haven't officially accepted it yet? (Though they did verbally accept me and sent me an email) :/ How long will it take? I have to apply for student visa asap which needs all the UCAS things and CAS letter etc because it takes a while to process!

thanks xx

only they can answer that - give them a ring and explain about the visa/CAS requirements and why you're in a hurry and they might be able to fix it for you ASAP.

Don't be afraid to ask to speak to a manager or a supervisor if you feel like you're getting fobbed off by the person who answers the phone.
Reply 273
Original post by cmcjas
I would like some advice regarding how I should talk to my CF about this as I'm in a similar situation (I met my CI offer which is a grade lower than my CF offer, so basically I near-miss my CF by a grade in a less important subject but they've not accepted/rejected me yet). thanks

Phone them and tell them how keen you are to do their course. Remember why you picked it in the first place? Tell them. Then you will have to be patient. You have got a guaranteed place so you can't pull the "I've got Clearing offers" gag - they will know this, btw.
Reply 274
Original post by PQ
If you want to accept the offer you don't have to wait for your insurance? If you can't accept it on track then give UCAS a call and explain what you want to do and they can work it manually for you.

The only reason to pester man met would be if you were thinking of rejecting the changed course offer and wanted reassurance that you'd have a place at your insurance.

ok, thank you. I sent UCAS a message yesterday putting what it said on my track and they said I had to wait, on the next steps part it says that I have to wait for man met to get back, but then on the offers part it says that I will only hear from them if I didn't get an offer from my insurance. so it really confused me. I will try ringing them and see if they can clear it up :smile:
Still waiting :frown: I was told over 2 hours ago that there's been a decision & it's 'processing', so my firm is still conditional..
Does anyone know how long uni's can keep us waiting for? A friend of mine is in the situation where she didn't meet the offer but after speaking to admissions, was told to email them and they would look at her application and get back to her by next week (She was told this yesterday).

Would it be worth phoning them again today or is it better to hold off as they have said by next week? Anyone know whether UCAS has a deadline of sorts for this kind of stuff to be fully sorted out by, or it is up to the individual uni's?

Thanks guys :smile:
Original post by Emily115
Still waiting :frown: I was told over 2 hours ago that there's been a decision & it's 'processing', so my firm is still conditional..

Fingers crossed for you, and everyone in the same situation. The wait is horrible isn't it? :smile:
Reply 278
just spoke to a nice lady on the phone and she said i need to wait for my gcse retakes before track can update. is this normal
Original post by bubblebird
Does anyone know how long uni's can keep us waiting for? A friend of mine is in the situation where she didn't meet the offer but after speaking to admissions, was told to email them and they would look at her application and get back to her by next week (She was told this yesterday).

Would it be worth phoning them again today or is it better to hold off as they have said by next week? Anyone know whether UCAS has a deadline of sorts for this kind of stuff to be fully sorted out by, or it is up to the individual uni's?

Thanks guys :smile:

Original post by bubblebird
Fingers crossed for you, and everyone in the same situation. The wait is horrible isn't it? :smile:

Yep, especially when there doesn't even appear to be a problem..
As for your friend, I would recommend phoning the uni. I phoned a couple of times yesterday when I had no idea what was going on and then contacted them again this morning when nothing had changed. I think some people have found that they get a quicker response if they phone rather than email as well. Hope she gets it sorted!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending