The Student Room Group

Track: Who is still waiting?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by Sir_Psycho
Didn't make the grade for my firm or insurance but have had 3 offers through clearing (Brunell, Essexand Hull) How do I accept these offers though? I'm probably going to go for Essex but is it a case of ringing them back or do I wait for track to update and take it from there?
You can enter a Clearing choice only if both your firm and insurance have updated to unsuccessful. If that hasn't happened yet, you will have to wait until Track does update. Ring your unis in the morning if nothing happens this evening.
Original post by Minerva
You can enter a Clearing choice only if both your firm and insurance have updated to unsuccessful. If that hasn't happened yet, you will have to wait until Track does update. Ring your unis in the morning if nothing happens this evening.

Thanks for the reply but track just updated now I think and the clearing choice button is now there ... All sorted for me anyway.
Reply 102
Original post by tao_
Still waiting for my firm to make a decision, will track still update at this time?

I'm still waiting from southampton on my firm choice, i've called several times but still nothing on track. Is somebody experiencing the same thing.
Reply 103
Original post by MS7
So my firm (Sussex) are still yet to reply to my application as they do not have my results information, I've sent them an email as requested with scans of my results yet still no reply...frustrating as I already know I'm going to get declined anyway.

The problem is I have a place with my insurance, yet obviously can't move things on until Sussex respond. Is my place at risk if this doesn't happen soon? (I also wanted to ask about doing a different course)

Sorry to quote myself, but anyone?
Reply 104
Original post by Juliette5
I'm still waiting from southampton on my firm choice, i've called several times but still nothing on track. Is somebody experiencing the same thing.

Does anybody know until what time track can be updated? This waiting game is really frustrating.
At about 11AM i told my Uni to release me after ringing over 4 times. Finally got throught to someone and they said they will do. checked Track after a couple of hours and they cancelled my choices however they added a new choice for my firm. WTF. I then rang them back and told them to release me again so they told me they they will do at 5PM when clearing will start. Still waiting. I already got an offer from 2 different places but id rather do is asap so i can get the place before they get filled or they give my place away. Have to wait god knows how long now.
Reply 106
Original post by Sir_Psycho
Thanks for the reply but track just updated now I think and the clearing choice button is now there ... All sorted for me anyway.
Good :smile:

Many people are - you are not the only one.

Original post by MS7
Sorry to quote myself, but anyone?
Apologies for missing your query. Your place at your insurance is guaranteed if showing as unconditional on Track, assuming Sussex don't take you after all. They may do - we've seen plenty of that this year.

Does anybody know until what time track can be updated? This waiting game is really frustrating.
From now on, it can be updated at any time.
Reply 107
Thanks for your reply. Have you got any idea if a probably answer will be given this evening?
Original post by Minerva
Good :smile:

Many people are - you are not the only one.

Apologies for missing your query. Your place at your insurance is guaranteed if showing as unconditional on Track, assuming Sussex don't take you after all. They may do - we've seen plenty of that this year.

From now on, it can be updated at any time.
Reply 108
Thanks for your reply. Have you got any idea if a probably answer will be given this evening?
None at all, I'm afraid.
STILL waiting for track to update 32 hours later
Reply 110
Still waiting xD
Anyone waiting on Bangor? NERVESS
I thought universities got our results early? so why do we have to wait when they had a few days to make their decisions?
Reply 113
Original post by Infamous12
I thought universities got our results early? so why do we have to wait when they had a few days to make their decisions?
They do, but when people have missed their offers unis have judgements to make about how many (if any) of those can be offered places. They need to allow for people who might be knocked back from their firm to their insurance (as a uni is obliged to take those people) and it's not always easy to balance the numbers correctly.

Where somebody has met their offer but confirmation is being delayed this can happen for a number of reasons, including the fact that the uni may not have received all the required information. This happens more often than you might suppose.
Reply 114

I'm waiting on Southampton too, phoned 3 times, but the same, no updates.

Just a waiting game I'm afraid :-S
Original post by Minerva
They do, but when people have missed their offers unis have judgements to make about how many (if any) of those can be offered places. They need to allow for people who might be knocked back from their firm to their insurance (as a uni is obliged to take those people) and it's not always easy to balance the numbers correctly.

Where somebody has met their offer but confirmation is being delayed this can happen for a number of reasons, including the fact that the uni may not have received all the required information. This happens more often than you might suppose.

That is a fair point. Its annoying that they are taking so long to reject me though. I guess they are extremely busy.
Rang again and they said they have released me now. What the ### were they doing before. Now i have to wait another couple of hours. It will probly go into tomorrow at this rate.
Reply 117
Original post by coursefinder
Rang again and they said they have released me now. What the ### were they doing before. Now i have to wait another couple of hours. It will probly go into tomorrow at this rate.
They were dealing with people who had missed their offers and needed to discuss their options, and/or people who wished to apply for Clearing places, and/or people who had met their offers but the information hadn't gone through properly.

Releasing people who have decided at this late stage that they don't want their place takes a much lower priority. We warn people about this all over the forum for weeks if not months before Results Day.

I appreciate it's all very stressful, but waiting another couple of hours or even until tomorrow will not be a problem.
Someone please help! :'(
my friend has worked SO hard this year on her Childcare Diploma and she got the grade but UCAS STILL HASN'T UPDATED! Can someone please enlighten me as to why this is? We're both really starting to stress out for her now and we really wanna see an answer! There is no reason why she can't be confirmed when most of her other classmates have been accepted! Can someone please let me know why her firm and insurance still say Conditional Offer??????! PLEASE HELP... It's almost 6 in the evening and nothing's updating. HELP
Original post by Minerva
They were dealing with people who had missed their offers and needed to discuss their options, and/or people who wished to apply for Clearing places, and/or people who had met their offers but the information hadn't gone through properly.

Releasing people who have decided at this late stage that they don't want their place takes a much lower priority. We warn people about this all over the forum for weeks if not months before Results Day.

I appreciate it's all very stressful, but waiting another couple of hours or even until tomorrow will not be a problem.

Hello, clearing advisor - my friend has met her conditions but her UCAS hasn't updated! Can you tell us reasons for this and when it will update? Please help!
Sincerely, stressed and worried friend!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending