Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I missed both my firm (Southampton) and insurance (Sheffield) offers, however my insurance has given me an unconditional offer. My firm rejected me for the course I originally applied (Engineering) for but has now given me an unconditional offer for physics, which I don't want to accept.

How do I accept the Sheffield offer? The only options on track are to accept the Southampton physics offer or decline and enter clearing.

ReputationRep:
    Ring up Southampton, they should allow you to be released since it wasn't your original choice.

Edit: Thanks Craggy - a UCC = option to reject. You'll be able to do so from 5.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ta1094)
    I missed both my firm (Southampton) and insurance (Sheffield) offers, however my insurance has given me an unconditional offer. My firm rejected me for the course I originally applied (Engineering) for but has now given me an unconditional offer for physics, which I don't want to accept.

How do I accept the Sheffield offer? The only options on track are to accept the Southampton physics offer or decline and enter clearing.
    Yes, if those are your two options, I think you'll need to get released from your firm offer. Give Southampton a call and they should be happy to release you, then you should be able to accept Sheffield.

ReputationRep:

Just reject the changed course offer from Southampton on Track and then you will automatically be given the Sheffield place. I would also contact Sheffield to state that you are doing this and confirm that they are taking you.

You will probably have to wait for 5pm before UCAS allows you to reject your UCC.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Reject the changed course and you will go to your insurance. You may have to wait until 5pm to do this though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    Ring up Southampton, they should allow you to be released since it wasn't your original choice.

(Original post by lp386)
    Yes, if those are your two options, I think you'll need to get released from your firm offer. Give Southampton a call and they should be happy to release you, then you should be able to accept Sheffield.
    No, they only need to be released if their firm accepted them for the course they originally asked for. As the Firm has made a changed course offer, the applicant will be given the option of turning that down and going for the insurance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    No, they only need to be released if their firm accepted them for the course they originally asked for. As the Firm has made a changed course offer, the applicant will be given the option of turning that down and going for the insurance
    I can't find the option to just turn down Southampton; the only choices are 'Make this my firm choice' for the Southampton physics course, or 'Decline and enter clearing'
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    I can't find the option to just turn down Southampton; the only choices are 'Make this my firm choice' for the Southampton physics course, or 'Decline and enter clearing'
    You may have to wait until after 5pm.

Don't panic. With a changed course you have 5 days to make a decision.

ReputationRep:
    As Zottula said, you'll have to wait until 5. But don't stress as your insurance isn't going anywhere now that they've issued an Unconditional.
    If you like you could drop your insurance an email just to let them know that you'll be taking their Unconditional as soon as Track lets you.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your help everyone, I rang up UCAS in the end and they did it for me

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.