The Student Room Group

Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda

In a campaign to improve its image abroad, the Israeli government plans to provide scholarships to hundreds of students at its seven universities in exchange for their making pro-Israel Facebook posts and tweets to foreign audiences.

The students making the posts will not reveal online that they are funded by the Israeli government, according to correspondence about the plan revealed in the Haaretz newspaper.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/students-offered-grants-if-they-tweet-proisraeli-propaganda-8760142.html

So this seems interesting, wont say anymore cos

1. I'm not getting paid :frown:
2. Some shill will probably come along and get this thread closed and redirected to the Israel-Palestine conflict thread.
Reply 1
Can't blame them really. As a student I can say I've had anti-Israeli propaganda thrown at me on Campus from the resident apologist groups. There was even an event in the Union that practically called Israel a Fascist state and drew a pretty direct comparison to concentration camps. When you've got this sort of thing plastered on Uni campuses all over the world by Apologist, Leftists and Islamic groups, can you really blame the Israeli government for wanting a bit of counter-balance?
Original post by Steevee
Can't blame them really. As a student I can say I've had anti-Israeli propaganda thrown at me on Campus from the resident apologist groups. There was even an event in the Union that practically called Israel a Fascist state and drew a pretty direct comparison to concentration camps. When you've got this sort of thing plastered on Uni campuses all over the world by Apologist, Leftists and Islamic groups, can you really blame the Israeli government for wanting a bit of counter-balance?

Paying people to pretend to support them is hardly the right way to go about it though (don't know if the story's actually true or not, too tired to check it out!)
Reply 3
paying people to pretend to like you is kind of a ridiculous way of going about changing your image, but hey. have at it hoss
Reply 4
Maybe our government should consider it? We could kill two birds with one stone, sponsor all those trolls encouraging poor impressionable young girls to commit suicide to instead encourage them into supporting government policy, or i dunno, maybe encourage illegal immigrants and benefit scroungers to commit suicide? Or maybe get those poor struggling ex-Service personnel to do something similar. Oh hang on they already do.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/ex-military-to-be-inspiring-role-models-for-young-people
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Steevee
called Israel a Fascist state

Well, this is certainly a damn good way of proving them wrong. We're not facist see, look at our state sponsored youth propoganda movement.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by n00

2. Some shill will probably come along and get this thread closed and redirected to the Israel-Palestine conflict thread.

There we go.
Reply 7
Goebbels way
Reply 8
This just comes across as very shallow. Do they really think people will blindly believe what some random person tells them?
Original post by n00
Maybe our government should consider it? We could kill two birds with one stone, sponsor all those trolls encouraging poor impressionable young girls to commit suicide to instead encourage them into supporting government policy, or i dunno, maybe encourage illegal immigrants and benefit scroungers to commit suicide? Or maybe get those poor struggling ex-Service personnel to do something similar. Oh hang on they already do.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/ex-military-to-be-inspiring-role-models-for-young-people

Woah hold on, are you actually saying servicemen should kill themselves?
Reply 10
Original post by InsertWittyName
Woah hold on, are you actually saying servicemen should kill themselves?

Nar, i'm suggesting our government could utilise them to spread propoganda. But it seems they already had that idea.

Interesting that you bring that up but don't give a **** if i were saying benefit scroungers and illegal immigrants should kill themselves though.
(edited 10 years ago)
Not a tasteful way, but certainly a way. It's like hiring a swords man based on pay, but not on loyalty (Game of thrones :colone:)
Reply 12
Like the Islamist entity and the 'palestinians' don't do this LOL

Whenever a topic about Iran for example is opened up on the BBC, it starts off as a normal debate and then you can actually see the moment the call has gone out to the internet warriors - suddenly a flood of pro-Iran stuff comes in and all the anti-stuff is thumbed down.

The same with anything to do with Russia and China. Both have large teams of supporters on standby.

I've seen Muslim groups organising themselves on certain forums to flood the BBC with pro-palestinian posts.

When you have a country which is the target of 1.6billion muslims and the sick left wing movement of Europe flooding the internet with anti-Israel propaganda, it's only fair Israel can hit back and get its point across.
Reply 13
youre an anti-semetic. my ancestors are semetic very likely so i find it upsetting you say this
Original post by MantaRey
This just comes across as very shallow. Do they really think people will blindly believe what some random person tells them?

Yes, people are stupid.
Reply 15
Original post by Chindits
Like the Islamist entity and the 'palestinians' don't do this LOL

Are you a member of an 'internet warriors' group?
(edited 10 years ago)
A bit of a strange way to get your message out...What if there are more people who try out than scholarship places available? Are people then judged on how pro-Israeli their posts are, or how many posts they make?

Original post by jama mj
paying people to pretend to like you is kind of a ridiculous way of going about changing your image, but hey. have at it hoss

'Have at it Hoss' - Out of sheer curiosity, do you watch TYT or CURRENT news by any chance? That's the only place I've ever seen anyone use that rare phrase
Reply 17
The UK gov pays lecturers to chat breeze on the truth in syria.

If a professor of international relations at the LSE doesn't understand this is a western led warcrime of aggression, i don't know what all the fuss about the LSE is about.
Reply 18
Original post by Steevee

They're a fascist state helping to expand sunni extremism in the middle east.

This country has a lot of blood on its hands, and acts with absolute impunity like the west.
Zionist Jews control most of Western media sources so obviously if there are unbiased mediums like Twitter they don't want the masses discussing off-agenda items like criticisms of Israel without repeated reminders that Jews are persecuted and Israel must exist. This doesn't surprise me at all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending