The Student Room Group

Don't give up with bad AS/A level results.

Just a thread to say do not give up even with bad grades.

GCSE's:
2A*s 7As 3Bs

At AS I achieved:
Maths B
Further Maths D
Biology E
Chemistry E

At A Levels:
Maths D

Yes, I have one A level. What I did from there on, is a Business foundation year at Southampton Solent (not the best of Uni's)

This year, I am going to Kent University for Accounting and Finance. I did this by achieving over 70% in my foundation year. I was 5% away from getting into LSE...

Bad A levels are not the end of the world. I always knew I could do better and do well if I actually tried. Hard work pays off.

From One A level to a Top 20 uni for Accounting and Finance, not too shabby if you ask me.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Hey dude, thats a really great story to look at :smile:

Was it underestimation of AS levels which set you off the bad turn could i ask? Or perhaps subject choices or both o.O
Reply 2
Original post by Jkizer
Hey dude, thats a really great story to look at :smile:

Was it underestimation of AS levels which set you off the bad turn could i ask? Or perhaps subject choices or both o.O

Thanks man!

Subject choices for sure, I wasn't really interested in the A levels I took apart from Maths tbh. Also I know I didn't work hard enough. I got the grades I deserved at A levels.
It's always good to hear positive stories - thanks very much for sharing this! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest