The Student Room Group

Occupational Therapy 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lazylizzo
Hey I would say that a few days shadowing at your local hospital should be enough, there might be a placement leader at your local hospital, I'd email them. Failing that ring up the hospital and talk to someone. Hope this helps in some way. Feel free to ask more questions and I will try and answer if I can :smile:

What is the role of occupational therapists?
Original post by rambo1168
What is the role of occupational therapists?

Occupational therapy is the assessment and treatment of physical, psychological, social and environmental needs using specific, purposeful activity to prevent disability and help to increase people’s independence and satisfaction in all aspects of daily life.
Original post by Hollielikestea
Hi I was just wondering people who got accepted to canterbury what work experience you have so I can know for the future ?

Hi
I shadowed OTs at the hospital, visited a day centre for elderly mental health and spent half a day in a school for children with disabilities and hearing impairments. I tried and failed to go to a rehab/half way centre as they weren't very helpful. Maybe contact ur local health clinic as they should be able to help or even ur local GP as some have their own OTs on site x
Reply 223
Original post by k.elizabeth.p
Thanks, its driving me crazy waiting to hear off them. When did you have your interview?

Last week on the 26th. They said sooner than later and it's been a week already!
Original post by sarahm92
Not yet, mine's on the 16th April. When is yours? Are we doing it together?!

I had mine today :biggrin: its really nice and the tutors were all lovely! Be prepared to present the article as a group ok :smile: x
Original post by Smileyjenxx
I had mine today :biggrin: its really nice and the tutors were all lovely! Be prepared to present the article as a group ok :smile: x

You seem quite happy! I'm glad about that as I left my last interview feeling like I had no idea what had just happened!

How do you mean by present the article as a group? I was under the impression there was going to be a group discussion on the article?

I have heard UWE is friendly and they put you at ease so I'm trying not to worry too much! Did they say how long they'd be getting back to you? Hope you get an offer! x
You seem quite happy! I'm glad about that as I left my last interview feeling like I had no idea what had just happened!

How do you mean by present the article as a group? I was under the impression there was going to be a group discussion on the article?

I have heard UWE is friendly and they put you at ease so I'm trying not to worry too much! Did they say how long they'd be getting back to you? Hope you get an offer! x

They said it can be instant if they really like you... If you're a maybe then days.... For the group presentation, We had a quick discussion then straight into prep to presenting it as you don't get long... Then present it to the tutors x
Could anyone tell me what the southampton and Bournemouth interview is like please x
Has anyone had an interview for Brunel? Really unsure what to expect.. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :smile: XX
I had received an invitation a while ago to a selection day at Southampton on 7th May. As this is really near the UCAS deadline they contacted me this week to rearrange it. Just wondering if anyone has had an interview there? Any tips and what to expect? Thanks!
Original post by Catherine_H
I had received an invitation a while ago to a selection day at Southampton on 7th May. As this is really near the UCAS deadline they contacted me this week to rearrange it. Just wondering if anyone has had an interview there? Any tips and what to expect? Thanks!

Mine has been changed too!.. I would also like to know what the tests involve, all i know is there is no maths ... Phew! X
I got a conditional for Bristole UWE :biggrin: x
Mine has been changed too!.. I would also like to know what the tests involve, all i know is there is no maths ... Phew! X

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one! It's so weird I don't understand why they offered us one as late as May if they knew they'd have to change it :s-smilie: congrats on your offer from bristol as well :smile:
Reply 233
Has anyone heard from Plymouth? I got rejected! Bugger!

I got rejected from Plymouth too :s-smilie: but the way they spoke to me on the phone, I was kind of like well I don't even want to go there if that's how you treat people!
I got rejected from plymouth too! And im from plymouth.... But it was a safety net choice .... Much rather move.... Looking forward to my Bournemouth interview as its my 1st choice 😀
Original post by Catherine_H
Well I'm glad I'm not the only one! It's so weird I don't understand why they offered us one as late as May if they knew they'd have to change it :s-smilie: congrats on your offer from bristol as well :smile:

Thankyou 😀 have you had your Bmth inteview yet? Mine is the 16th x
Original post by Batistuta
Last week on the 26th. They said sooner than later and it's been a week already!

I had mine at the start of March.. I've emailed admissions and they said they'll get back to me on or after the 9th of April.
Original post by han_lou96
I got rejected from Plymouth too :s-smilie: but the way they spoke to me on the phone, I was kind of like well I don't even want to go there if that's how you treat people!

I still wanna go there even though they were a bit off. How were they rude to you? They told me there's no way there'll consider my application again this year, not even in clearing. I'm still hopeful though as was my first choice! It's closest to home for me so could still see my boyfriend regularly and my family!

What was your feedback from Plym?

Have you had any offers anywhere?

I got a conditional for Bristole UWE :biggrin: x

I got rejected from plymouth too! And im from plymouth.... But it was a safety net choice .... Much rather move.... Looking forward to my Bournemouth interview as its my 1st choice 😀

Congrats on uwe! I might know this time in 2 weeks! Scary times. As Bournemouth is your first choice, where is uwe on your list? Good luck for interview at Bournemouth btw! You've passed one (at least that I know of!) so no reason they should say no! :smile: what was your feedback from Plymouth out of interest as well? X
Reply 238
They declined me and gave the reason as no predicted grades given, so I checked with both my head of sixth form and UCAS who both confirmed my predicted grades were on there. So I rang Plymouth and said that to them and the woman was like well unless your gunna get an A in your EPQ then you aren't good enough to come here :s

I have had offers from Coventry and Northampton... I withdrew my application from Canterbury before they replied because I didn't really want to go there and due to waiting for them to reply, it was holding up things like student finance and accommodation. Have you had any offers anywhere?
Any Cardiff firmers here?
Also is anyone else really confused on the finance side of it all?

Quick Reply

Latest