The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Accommodation tips? Whats Leicester like as a city?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kathyw16

Definitely make a sign haha :wink: I think everyone would hate us then lol! Bet you're glad that clearing didn't come into it, I was worried about that :L
I'm getting more excited as it comes closer :biggrin:
I have brought nothing! I have no idea what to get :s my friends taking me to Ikea soon so hopefully...
What have you got? (To give me some idea) hehe

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha oh god I'm already dreading that don't worry! Yeah definitely, it was such a relief to just go onto ucas and a little 'congratulations' message to be sitting there ready for me.
Yeah snap, literally can't stop talking about it as well, I'm sure I'm doing everyone at works heads in.
Yeah I went Ikea for some bits it's brilliant, so cheap! I've got loads though I went to Home Sense as well and Tesco and I think I've got everything now! Saucepans, frying pan, cutlery, plates, bowls, mugs, glasses, wine glasses, storage jars, whisk, spatula, can opener, bottle opener, garlic crusher, tea towels, oven mitts, apron, salt and pepper things, sharp knives, chopping boards, tea, coffee and sugar pots! You name it i've probably already got it! I've been stupidly organised about it. I went stationery shopping as well and got lots of things. I've spent about £160-180 so far on stuff!
Are you taking a tv?
Just a heads up as well I won't be at uni most weekends as I'm keeping my job back home and commuting back for it! I've booked the first weekend we're there off but apart from that I'll mostly be away. :frown:
Sorry for the essay :smile: Definitely go to Ikea though, so much fun there!
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
I couldnt sleep the night before exams, it was horrible! Haha.
I have brought plates! yay! But thats about it :s Do you know what the size of the beds are? Im getting confused about it...
Still haven't brought anything from Ikea even though I have been there twice! Im annoying myself with this uni lark now!
Im not sure whether to bother with a tv yet because I dont know whether I will be joining societies and what not and then there's the prices of a TV license :/
Just have to make the most of the weeks then if you're not going to be there D:
Original post by EmmaLouise093
Haha oh god I'm already dreading that don't worry! Yeah definitely, it was such a relief to just go onto ucas and a little 'congratulations' message to be sitting there ready for me.
Yeah snap, literally can't stop talking about it as well, I'm sure I'm doing everyone at works heads in.
Yeah I went Ikea for some bits it's brilliant, so cheap! I've got loads though I went to Home Sense as well and Tesco and I think I've got everything now! Saucepans, frying pan, cutlery, plates, bowls, mugs, glasses, wine glasses, storage jars, whisk, spatula, can opener, bottle opener, garlic crusher, tea towels, oven mitts, apron, salt and pepper things, sharp knives, chopping boards, tea, coffee and sugar pots! You name it i've probably already got it! I've been stupidly organised about it. I went stationery shopping as well and got lots of things. I've spent about £160-180 so far on stuff!
Are you taking a tv?
Just a heads up as well I won't be at uni most weekends as I'm keeping my job back home and commuting back for it! I've booked the first weekend we're there off but apart from that I'll mostly be away. :frown:
Sorry for the essay :smile: Definitely go to Ikea though, so much fun there!

I couldnt sleep the night before exam results, it was horrible! Haha.
I have brought plates! yay! But thats about it :s Do you know what the size of the beds are? Im getting confused about it...
Still haven't brought anything from Ikea even though I have been there twice! Im annoying myself with this uni lark now!
Im not sure whether to bother with a tv yet because I dont know whether I will be joining societies and what not and then there's the prices of a TV license :/
Original post by kathyw16
I couldnt sleep the night before exam results, it was horrible! Haha.

Haha me neither, I got interviewed and was on BBC news opening my results and I looked so rough I was so tired aha
Ahh well you've got something then! I've probably brought too much tbh, went a bit over the top! I'm not sure, did you get a 3/4 bed? I literally think its just 1ft bigger than a single bed, nothing amazingly larger! Yeah that makes sense, there will always be something to do/somewhere to go.
Yeah definitely :smile:
How exciting, have you been getting loads of mail from the uni/student union? Are you going to buy a freshers wristband?
Original post by EmmaLouise093
Haha me neither, I got interviewed and was on BBC news opening my results and I looked so rough I was so tired aha
Ahh well you've got something then! I've probably brought too much tbh, went a bit over the top! I'm not sure, did you get a 3/4 bed? I literally think its just 1ft bigger than a single bed, nothing amazingly larger! Yeah that makes sense, there will always be something to do/somewhere to go.
Yeah definitely :smile:
How exciting, have you been getting loads of mail from the uni/student union? Are you going to buy a freshers wristband?

Oooo 15 minutes of fame :biggrin: did you know it was going to happen?
I still haven't brought anything extra so I think it's going to be a last minute rush for me :')
I think I have... Not entirely sure to be honest but I will find out eventually I hope :L
I have hardly received any mail :s I'm wondering now if they have forgotten me haha how about you?
I've brought a freshers band too :smile: have you? Do you have any events you definitely want to go to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well I knew they' interviewed me but I didn't think they would have broadcasted me as I was so awful! Bless you, I'm sure you can get stuff once we're there also! Have you been given a move in date/time? Nope I need to get a freshers band asap! :frown: I'm not sure I'm up for anything haven't actually had the time to look properly :frown:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/153246158210378/?fref=ts

Thats a page for everyone in Digby, I've found some more of our room mates :smile: Join and chat with us!! xo
Would love love LOVE if someone told me the difference between:
Standard ensuite
Premium ensuite
Premium + ensuite (is the only difference amazing internet???)
Original post by somethingunique
Would love love LOVE if someone told me the difference between:
Standard ensuite
Premium ensuite
Premium + ensuite (is the only difference amazing internet???)

I can tell you the difference between premium and premium+...

Premium plus has better internet (18mb compared to 20mb), larger rooms and, while it does say on the website that you get 3/4 beds i.e. a small double, you don't. Not sure why, though. This may help: http://www2.le.ac.uk/offices/accommodation/student-accommodation/your-room-types-explained
Original post by Pavzky
I can tell you the difference between premium and premium+...

Premium plus has better internet (18mb compared to 20mb), larger rooms and, while it does say on the website that you get 3/4 beds i.e. a small double, you don't. Not sure why, though. This may help: http://www2.le.ac.uk/offices/accommodation/student-accommodation/your-room-types-explained

WHAAAAAAAT I am horrified. Thanks for the info! And so there's NO chance of a double in simply premium then *cries* and how could they lied
Have you looked into Code accomodation? I need someone to take my place there, its amazing.. google code accomodation. If you do decide to go there, please contact me as I need someone to take my room.

Best Regards,
Ceri.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending