Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Please, help. I need to make a decision about Adjustment. Watch

ReputationRep:
    As I am an IB student, I got my results on July the 5th. A week later, my unconditional offer to read Law at Birkbeck, University of London was confirmed and since them I have already enrolled into the course and sort out my Student Finance status. However, I just checked track and I am entitled to undergo Adjustment. I am unsure of how it works or if it is something along the lines of Clearing where you have to ring up the universities you are interested in?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HyperInSugar)
    As I am an IB student, I got my results on July the 5th. A week later, my unconditional offer to read Law at Birkbeck, University of London was confirmed and since them I have already enrolled into the course and sort out my Student Finance status. However, I just checked track and I am entitled to undergo Adjustment. I am unsure of how it works or if it is something along the lines of Clearing where you have to ring up the universities you are interested in?
    Everyone gets the button to register for adjustment.

Not everyone is actually eligible.

Did you meet your firm offer?

Did you exceed the conditions of your firm offer?

If either of those isn't a yes then you aren't eligible for adjustment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Everyone gets the button to register for adjustment.

Not everyone is actually eligible.

Did you meet your firm offer?

Did you exceed the conditions of your firm offer?

If either of those isn't a yes then you aren't eligible for adjustment.
    Yes, I did met and exceed the conditions of my firm offer (Birkbeck asked for 28 IB points, I got 30), and I also have more than enough points in HL (19) to apply for Adjustment. I have to admit that while the prospectus of studying in a 1994 Group and a member of the University of London is promising, plus I loved the university when I had the chance to visit it in March. However the fact that its full-time Law LLB is fairly recent and the lectures take place during the evening is a little off putting.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HyperInSugar)
    Yes, I did met and exceed the conditions of my firm offer (Birkbeck asked for 28 IB points, I got 30), and I also have more than enough points in HL (19) to apply for Adjustment. I have to admit that while the prospectus of studying in a 1994 Group and a member of the University of London is promising, plus I loved the university when I had the chance to visit it in March. However the fact that its full-time Law LLB is fairly recent and the lectures take place during the evening is a little off putting.
    ok - in that case you need to hit the button on Track and phone up the universities you're interested in.

If any of them make you an offer be wary of accepting over the phone - in adjustment universities pick students up and this can be done if you've verbally accepted an offer.

I'd check what implications there are for finance/visas (for example if you've already used a CAS for birkbeck then I'm not sure if the UKBA would allow you to switch the visa to another choice) - however if you're from the EU and your finance is a student loan then that should be straight forward to switch (lots of people do this every year).

When you call always ask about accommodation and any other questions you have about the course - and if you'd like time to think about it then say so and ask what number you can call back on to accept the offer.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.