Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've just got my as results and would only want to carry on with maths, further maths and Physics. I'm going to do a physics degree and have been looking at loads of uni's.
    I've heard that Birmingham uni downstairs accept further maths as a third A level so I was wondering if I should carry on with chemistry instead? And is it common for further maths not to be accepted?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yasmin9753)
    I've just got my as results and would only want to carry on with maths, further maths and Physics. I'm going to do a physics degree and have been looking at loads of uni's.
    I've heard that Birmingham uni downstairs accept further maths as a third A level so I was wondering if I should carry on with chemistry instead? And is it common for further maths not to be accepted?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Which subject do you prefer?

ReputationRep:
    Further Maths but it's no use to me if it's not accepted as a separate A level :/

ReputationRep:
    Further Maths is always accepted as an A level for all Physics Courses. Most unis actively look for students with it. Take further maths next year!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I thought so but at Birmingham they said that they wouldn't accept it as a separate A level from maths :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, that's medicine only. Physics allow further maths. Email the admissions tutor if you want to make sure.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.