Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

So King's was my insurance choice and thus this meant that I wasn't able to apply for accommodation etc (as they only allow firmers to do so). I'm stuck in a bit of a limbo here because when I phoned the accommodation offices they said they'd try get me in a hall but if not then I'd have to look into private sector housing and whatnot, but I feel like that would take a lot away from the university experience, particularly getting to know people in freshers week!!

Any advice?
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    To put your situation into context, a lot of people who go to kings don't get into halls

The reason is that they have this blanket policy which means that if you live within the M25, then you have little chance, even if you apply on time, put them as firm choice, etc. There are plenty of londoners who go to kings and won't get into halls, so you will be far from alone in this if that makes you feel any better.

ReputationRep:
    You won't miss anything because you're not living in one of King's residences. In fact a lot of students will have to find a room private halls. I would say that it all depends on you and how much you go out of yourself to interact with others. Beside in private halls you have will the opportunity to meet other London students.

ReputationRep:
    Ah okay, didn't know that, thanks guys.

Are there no exceptions for international students? And are intercollegiate halls all closed/full as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vix95)
    Ah okay, didn't know that, thanks guys.

Are there no exceptions for international students? And are intercollegiate halls all closed/full as well?
    Well, when we international students apply on time, we have a higher priority (never studied in UK etc) but every student is quaranteed a room for one year but it can be any year (not necessary first, could be second or final). I know from a second year friend that King's has mid-session application when you can still apply for any spare room and usually in Oct students tend to change/swap so maybe?

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the same boat - King's isn't going to reply whether I have a place until the 22nd of August, and even then there's no guarantee that I'll get a place.

Is it worth looking for Intercollegiate halls at the moment? Or is it better to wait until the 22nd?

ReputationRep:
    I'm the same with King's being my insurance, but my problem is that it won't let me log on to the accommodation site to apply, it says access denied, and when I phoned up they said that the system hasn't updated yet and I'll have to keep checking

ReputationRep:
    I got into King's through Clearing - is there any chance I'll get any accommodation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joannaannaoj)
    I'm the same with King's being my insurance, but my problem is that it won't let me log on to the accommodation site to apply, it says access denied, and when I phoned up they said that the system hasn't updated yet and I'll have to keep checking
    I had the same problem. You have to FIRMLY accept King's and after they tick you as an unconditional in their system you will get access to the accommodation website, it takes up to 24-72 hours. I applied for a room just yesterday and chances are very low but still I tried.

(Original post by vanessadixit)
    I got into King's through Clearing - is there any chance I'll get any accommodation?
    Ring them up tomorrow, don't wait. The sooner you contact them the better for you. Good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.