Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I want to know out of these uni which is best one?

London Metropolitan University
    Kingston University London
    University of West London
    London South Bank University
    University of East London

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SR123)
    I want to know out of these uni which is best one?

London Metropolitan University
    Kingston University London
    University of West London
    London South Bank University
    University of East London
    Tell us your definition of 'best' and we can take a shot at it.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,
    It will really come down to what you are looking for in a uni, the course you are looking to study and other factors you may feel are important to you, i.e. location, reputation, employability, cost of living etc.
    Kingston for example is number one for graduate start ups. We are not based in central London (instead we are a 20 minute train ride away) - but as a result benefit from slightly cheaper living costs and have the lovely Richmond Park and Bushey Parks on our doorstep!

If you want to see what some of our students think then you could have a look at their blogs and videos on our ASK US website www.kingston.ac.uk/askus

You could also look on the unistats website for comparison data.
    Good luck
    Kerrie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mbob)
    Tell us your definition of 'best' and we can take a shot at it.
    best as if in good, uni for computer science or computing.

ReputationRep:
    None of them are especially well regarded.

ReputationRep:
    Hope this helps

http://www.thecompleteuniversityguid...mputer+Science

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kingston University)
    Hi there,
    It will really come down to what you are looking for in a uni, the course you are looking to study and other factors you may feel are important to you, i.e. location, reputation, employability, cost of living etc.
    Kingston for example is number one for graduate start ups. We are not based in central London (instead we are a 20 minute train ride away) - but as a result benefit from slightly cheaper living costs and have the lovely Richmond Park and Bushey Parks on our doorstep!

If you want to see what some of our students think then you could have a look at their blogs and videos on our ASK US website www.kingston.ac.uk/askus

Good luck
    Kerrie
    Translation:
    Clearly we're the best!

ReputationRep:
    I think kingston.
    The other ones seem to have a really bad reputation.

ReputationRep:
    If I had to pick one it would have to be Kingston.

ReputationRep:
    I would say Kingston is the best among the options. I am one of the graduates in there and I can let me know more your details if you wish to.

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

Good luck
    Kerrie
    Do you guys accept BTEC which is equivalent 3 A levels for any computer course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VickyVicky)
    I would say Kingston is the best among the options. I am one of the graduates in there and I can let me know more your details if you wish to.
    Did you study computer science there?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who is studying computer science at Kingston uni, can you tell about the course; do you find it easy or hard?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SR123)
    Do you guys accept BTEC which is equivalent 3 A levels for any computer course?
    Hi there,
    If you are looking to apply for 2014 entry, our Computing courses generally ask for around 280-300 UCAS points, so as long as your BTEC results meet this requirement we would consider you.
    Check out our website for the most up to date entry requirements and the different courses we offer.http://www.kingston.ac.uk/undergradu...-science-2014/

If you are hoping to come this year - there are still places available in Clearing. Give our hotline a call on 0844 842 9599 to discuss options.
    http://www.kingston.ac.uk/courses/fi...341-computing/

Hope that helps
    Kerrie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SR123)
    Anyone who is studying computer science at Kingston uni, can you tell about the course; do you find it easy or hard?
    Hi there,
    you could try asking some of our students on ASK US - we have a few of them studying computing!
    http://www.kingston.ac.uk/undergradu...ind-a-student/
    Kind regards
    Kerrie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SR123)
    If you're looking for information on specific universities, maybe try posting in their own sub-section on the forum. You're much more likely to get more answers that way.

Remember, what's easy or hard for one person isn't necessarily the same for another. And don't take one negative post on The Student Rooms as gospel and let it sway your decision (likewise with one positive post) as this is hardly a fair representation.

I think the rep for Kingston's summed the situation up well here:
    Hi there,

Good luck
    Kerrie
    Unistats is probably the most reliable source of student satisfaction data readily available to you just now. It'll also give you an indication of the methods of study used (i.e. how much time spent in lectures, certain assessment types etc), live costs, employability and student satisfaction percentages for the course. Here's the unistats page for Kingston's computer related courses: http://unistats.direct.gov.uk/Search...ution/10003678

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.