Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Please help - As level English lit result today was E! :confused::confused: - no-one else in the group got higher than D - what can be done about this and is A level English lit still an option?

ReputationRep:
    I think the AS English Lit marks this year have been lower than expected - I was predicted an A overall, got an A in my coursework but got a D in my exam. I haven't heard from anyone else though

ReputationRep:
    I had a massively unpleasant shock when I opened my AS English Lit results today. All through the mocks I was getting straight A's, practically full marks most the time, predicted a solid A and got an A on coursework and yet I got a D in the exam which brought me to a C overall, barely got 69 marks I think! Really really upset by it, not sure what went wrong and how I can improve next year - Considering maybe a remark and getting my paper back to see how I managed to mess up!
    The rest of my class averaged a D too, despite all being really talented English students - No idea what happened! Thanks AQA!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HannahGWard)
    I had a massively unpleasant shock when I opened my AS English Lit results today. All through the mocks I was getting straight A's, practically full marks most the time, predicted a solid A and got an A on coursework and yet I got a D in the exam which brought me to a C overall, barely got 69 marks I think! Really really upset by it, not sure what went wrong and how I can improve next year - Considering maybe a remark and getting my paper back to see how I managed to mess up!
    The rest of my class averaged a D too, despite all being really talented English students - No idea what happened! Thanks AQA!
    I got exactly the same results! Well done for getting an A in the coursework, nobody in my class got what they wanted either, even people who got A* last year, bloody annoying!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Regina15)
    I got exactly the same results! Well done for getting an A in the coursework, nobody in my class got what they wanted either, even people who got A* last year, bloody annoying!
    I think I'll probably ask for a remark, and if my teacher doesn't think it's worth it then at least to get my paper back to see where I went wrong - The 2 hours was all a bit of a blur if I'm honest! :P I've calmed down a bit now but it really wasn't a nice feeling, especially when Lit's what I want to do at Uni! D:
    Congrats on your grades though, retakes here we come!!

ReputationRep:
    Exactly the same over here! AQA must have a new horrid chief examiner or something! I got 100% in the coursework and a C in the exam despite getting nothing but As all year!

ReputationRep:
    Exactly the same here! I was predicted an A, was getting an A all year, got an A in my coursework then a D in my exam so a C overall. Do you think it's a national thing?

ReputationRep:
    My results were

LITB1 23 u
    LITB2 63 b

So I 'just' scraped an E for my AS. Very disappointed with that exam... Probably the worst score an examiner has ever had to give?

ReputationRep:
    My teachers have put in for all of our papers to be sent back, then remarked if they think it's worth it. It's really reassuring knowing that it's probably a national thing which hopefully can be appealed against, even for just a slight grade bump - Every little helps, eh? Well done, you guys, on your coursework grades! We can always make up for this next year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss_Nellie)
    I think the AS English Lit marks this year have been lower than expected - I was predicted an A overall, got an A in my coursework but got a D in my exam. I haven't heard from anyone else though
    I agree! I was predicted an A and had been getting A's all year and then in the exam I came out with a D grade! Even though I thought it was ok! Also my coursework went down to a B and I don't know why ?

ReputationRep:
    I got a B, predicted A.

That was bull****, I did alright in the exam!!

ReputationRep:
    Same with AQA english lang and lit

ReputationRep:
    I got a D in the exam aswell, yet I thought it went pretty well, nobody in my class got higher than D

ReputationRep:
    I did A2 AQA Lit and went from 116/120 in unit 1 to 74/120 in unit 3 and that was one of the highest in the year, AQA up to their old tricks again with harsh English marking I see

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm... I'm on AQA, got an A in the mock and a C in the real exam. My section B wasn't great but the section A I thought was the best section A I've ever written!

Got an A in coursework....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How did you find out your coursework mark? :|

ReputationRep:
    Got a B overall. Was predicted a C which was good on that grounds, but I'm the only one to get a B and no one go higher than me. AQA were harsh markers this year. I got 91ums in my exam and 58in coursework - what are these raw marks wise just to see how solid my B is?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    oh my god this was our class too!! I was getting As in the mock and I got an A in the coursework, but I got an E in the exam, as did the cleverest girl in the school (and English is her best subject) bit odd right? my teacher is getting them remarked. something's definitely gone wrong!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This happened at my school too! I got an A in the coursework and an E in the exam I know of about 5 other people who this has happened to as well, I didn't ask that many people though so I don't know who else was affected.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lisa96)
    Is this for AQA LitB1 ? I got an A in the coursework (74/80) but a C in the exam (82/120) so averaged out as a B (156/200) so was 4 ums off an A.

I was predicted a B, but still don't see how I got a C in the exam since I've been getting mostly Bs in mocks at school and I thought the exam went really well.

Pretty much my whole class got Bs overall, apart from 1 or 2 who got As and someone else who got a D/E.
    ours was aqa LTA1C, maybe it was all the aqa exams?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.